*** Official Clevo P75xZM "Batman" / Sager NP9752 Owner´s Lounge | Welcome to the Batcave! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Dec 11, 2014.

1. taveston

taveston Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for the reply - GPU acceleration is definitely enabled

I will go through that link in detail - thank you

ProFX likes this.
  2. Scerate

Scerate Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I will check it afterwards and edit the results in here

Edit: yep it's actually M3x6mm

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 CAF

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  3. MichaelKnight4Christ

MichaelKnight4Christ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Looks to me like there is a definite problem with overheating of the 4790k cpu on the notebook. Nearly every user I have seen post has brought the issue up and most had to mod the machine or repaste from the very beginning. I have yet to see complaints of the xeon, 4790, 4790s or i54690k heating up as much but it might be to who knows...the notebook is still very rare and not much people post feedback or videos of it in action.

4. Kommando

Kommando Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well, when i set my 4690K to 4,4 GHz @ 4 Cores (which is more than a 4790K, but without HT) it gets very hot, too. About 88°C with FANs max and 1,25V

5. MichaelKnight4Christ

MichaelKnight4Christ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I think a constant 4.0+ ghz may be a bit too much especially in the summertime. If I had the 4790k on this thing I would undervolt it to about 3.5 ghz. I wanted to get the 4790k at one time but I honestly see it as more work if your not the type who likes to tune with xtu or repaste day 1. I think the standard 4790 or 4790s or the super rare (xeon E3's eurocom offers the xeon cpu bundle but not much other vendors do) is more than suitabe. I'm currently waiting to see how the skylake DM turns out.

6. noteless

noteless Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just get a xeon processor if heat is a concern. Xeons run with better thermal efficiency than i5s and i7s.

Here is a video comparing the IVY BRIDGE xeon to an i5. . .

I couldn't find anyone comparing the haswell series to one another as in depth as this guy. I do not know how much of a difference there is between the ivy bridge xeons to i5s compared to the haswell xeons to i5s, so I do not know how representative these benchmarks are.

Regardless if your thermal paste job is inadequate you WILL need to reapply to get nice temps (or atleast thats what I've picked up as another consumer concerned about temps).

7. Samot

Samot Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    No problems here with my 4790k@stock speeds.

jaybee83, Kommando and Bullrun like this.
  8. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    This is rather misleading.

Temperature, clock speed and voltage have a nearly linear relationship in MOSFET semiconductors. The faster the clock, the more power it needs, and the hotter it gets. The non-K processors clock slower thus use less power thus run cooler.

All Haswell processors run at higher temperatures than their Ivy Bridge counterparts under comparable conditions. Desktop Skylake processors will run at higher temperatures than Haswell.

There are assumptions about what constitutes "too hot" for microprocessors. Most of them are wrong. If it is operating within the design specifications then it isn't too hot.

I can recall only two posters here with any issues with pasting since I started reading in April: @J.Dre and myself. J.Dre's issue was probably due to the rush order leading to a mistake (wrong compound, improperly applied, something like that). Mine was simply a matter of it being my first Devil's Canyon paste and I didn't use enough compound and I used the wrong tool for testing. Neither of us had to modify our notebooks; we simply had to properly do basic maintenance.

Nobody here has modified their Batman out of necessity. Nobody. Those who have made modifications did so because they could and because they had the desire to do so.

We're still not sure what the issue is with @ignorant 's notebook. Not enough information at this time.

9. ProFX

ProFX Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you @Kommando for posting pictures and specs of the battery & battery charger, and for being so positive and contributing to the community! He deserves some Reputation points.

As always I like to share the latest, greatest, and bleeding edge. So as promised here is some exciting Battery Technology to look forward that is available now for custom integration/builds. I present to you the latest in Battery Technology!

Say Hello to
    [​IMG]
    Yes that is Lithium Sulfur

The next generation of battery technology!
    Key Features
    • Lithium-Sulfur allows for a theoretical specific energy in excess of 2700Wh/kg, which is nearly 5 times higher than that of Li-ion
    • 300 Wh/kg already achieved at cell level in 2014 - At this current level if implemented in the Batman it would give over 2-3hrs of battery life.
    • Cycle life - Over a 1,000 Charges
    • Lightweight
    • Full discharge - with no damage to battery
    • Maintenance free
    • Imagine what this will do for Drones ;)

Inherently safe - Meets International standards for Shock, Crush, Thermal Stability, Short Circuit, non-flammable, and can withstand extreme abuse situations such as a bullet or nail with no adverse reaction.

Additionally they have an indefinite shelf-life, with no charging required when left for extended period. They can also be fully discharged down to 0% without damaging the cells, and can be recharged over a 1000 times.
    A custom battery pack could be made for the Batman that could power it for more than easily power it for more than 2 hours.

Additional links to get you started:

http://www.oxisenergy.com/technology
    http://www.oxisenergy.com/technology/product/
    http://oxisenergy.com/uploads/OXIS_Li-S_Long_Life_Cell_v2.5.pdf
    http://www.steatite-batteries.co.uk/oxis-energy.html
    http://www.sionpower.com/technology.html

Hope you enjoyed this Tech Appetizer :)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
    jaybee83, Kommando and noteless like this.
  10. Bullrun

Bullrun Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    As a bonus, you get a second excuse to go along with the dog. "It wasn't me. It was the laptop."