*** Official Clevo P75xZM "Batman" / Sager NP9752 Owner´s Lounge | Welcome to the Batcave! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Scerate

Scerate Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    yeah like i said forget prime 29.5 delete it, burn it, forget it, like an ex-gf lol, ok but srsly now download Prime95 27.9 and download this handy tool (thx goes to hardwareluxx.de user riverdief) and put it into the prime95 27.9 folder and just using the v-core option. Prime95 is still a exaggerated stress test cause it makes a unreal amount of load but great tool to test stability too.

With reset cache i meant to actually set the Cache Offset back to "0" so that it's @ stock, most important thing for now is getting the Core voltage stable. 2 runs with that vcore option should be about 30mins +/- and if you are stable there it's a good indicator you vcore is pretty stable, but still no insurance it's 100% stable.

**Official Clevo P770ZM / Sager NP9772 Owner's Lounge**
    I posted my results there, for Prime95 it's only about 20 °C but still it's a major achievement for me, but playing GW2 now with pretty chill temps is a new experience and yeah this were my previous temps playing around

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    jaybee83 and Robbo99999 like this.
  2. ignorant

ignorant Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is there a guide around for it? I have a P771ZM.
    BTW, running Prime95 now at -10 -20, and highest temp so far is 98 degrees, actually that's almost the average. This must be the poorest undervolting ever in the history of ever.

3. ignorant

ignorant Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    About that older version of Prime95, I might do that tomorrow, it's 3:15 AM over here in Hong Kong. Thanks though.

For the resetting, yeah, the undervolting values go back to the original 0 after every crash, so they are reset.

4. Scerate

Scerate Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Like i said before you were/are not alone, it's a 88w TDP CPU in that (theoretical tiny thing).

Yeah get your rest today (afterwards)/tommorow is a new day.

5. Kommando

Kommando Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    No need for that. Remove the 4 screws on the big cover on the backside and slide it open.

6. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Every processor is different. The reason that undervolting (and overclocking for that matter) even work is because there is a range of tolerances for a given processor SKU.

I suggest looking into repasting (I forget if you mentioned doing this in your original thread). @J.Dre had similar thermal problems to yours with his P7 until he got a pasting that he was happy with, and my first attempt with the 4790K was inadequate.

To remove the bottom panel: there are four screws on the bottom case, one near the back, one to either side, and one near the middle. Remove all four (don't just loosen them; remove them from the case), slide the panel back and lift it off. To remove the heat sink: remove the four GPU heat sink screws in descending order then loosen the CPU heat sink screws in descending order. Carefully lift the heat sink. Reverse the process to install the heat sink and replace the bottom case panel.

I'll leave it to any of the plethora of repasting tutorials and videos out there to guide you through pasting the CPU and GPU. It's not difficult, and P7 is an easy computer to work on.

To reset everything to stock in XTU: select Profiles on the left, select Default, click the "Show Values" button, and then click "Apply" on the right. Reboot if it tells you to do so.

Edit:
    While you're looking inside it wouldn't hurt to make sure that the screws holding down the heat sink are set properly. I had a new server a few years ago that would go into thermal shutdown after a few minutes. Made no sense until I opened the case and found that one of the cooler's retaining pins had come loose from the main board during shipping. Simple problem, simple fix: removed the cooler, cleaned it up, new paste, cooler back on, and it's been running fine ever since.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    Robbo99999, Scerate and Kommando like this.
  7. superkyle1721

superkyle1721 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @Scerate for the benefit of myself and other you said the screw was approximately m2...would it be same to assume it as an m2x6mm? Or would it need to be larger. If I can figure this out a little more ill do it myself and do a write up on the mod

Samot and ajc9988 like this.
  8. riegz0r

riegz0r Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi im looking for this laptop do you guys recommend me it to me? I was looking between this and msi gt72 what you guys recommend? I never use or have a sager vlevo laptop. I like 75hz screen and OC to 100hz and desktop cpu... This model have ovearheat problems? And between 17 and 15 inch its big different?

9. taveston

taveston Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is anyone using their Pp750zm to do video editing using Adobe Premiere CC? I need some help with the settings for 4k editing as preview playback lags significantly with many dropped frames as soon as I apply any colour grading or other effects outside of basic cuts.

Specs below, it would be great to get some advice, cheers.

- Central Processing Unit : intel i7 4790K Desktop Processor (Quad Core Overclockable)
    - Graphics Card : NVIDIA Geforce 980M GTX 8GB GDDR5
    - Display (W-Series) : 15.6 Inch PREMIUM QFHD (3840 x 2160) Glossy Display With IGZO Technology (SHARP)
    - Memory (RAM) : 32GB DDR3L 1600MHZ (8x2)
    - M.2 SSD Bay (PCIE 2X/4X) : 512GB SAMSUNG XP941 M.2 PCIE SSD (1170MB Read, 950MB Write)
    - Hard Drive : 1TB HITACHI 7200RPM HDD
    - WI-FI Bluetooth : Killer 1525 AC WIFI+BT 4.1 (2X2)
    - Operating System : Windows 8.1 X64

10. ProFX

ProFX Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Make sure your project/general settings are set to have GPU hardware acceleration enabled. I would start there also look through this link thoroughly. There is a lot of linked information in it. 4K is very demanding especially when adding effects that you want rendered in real time. Make sure your computer is cool if it's getting hot it could be throttling quite a bit. Also some effects don't render through the GPU some only via the CPU.

It's been a while since I've dug into this stuff but I found this link to be very very interesting
    : ) in fact it's the best article yet that I've read on this subject! It's a must read.

http://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/PremiereCS5.htm

Read this one too
    http://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/Nvidia.htm

...This one too!!
    http://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/Premiere-Benchmark.htm

I still can't get over these articles this guy did a great job covering details about graphics card performance for Adobe Preimier for any of you who do video editing

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015