*** Official Clevo P75xZM "Batman" / Sager NP9752 Owner´s Lounge | Welcome to the Batcave! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Dec 11, 2014.

1. ProFX

ProFX Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a favor to ask the Batcave community. Would someone be willing to take some nice detailed pictures of the battery in the P9750ZM? I'm working on getting us some cutting edge high performance custom batteries for our laptops that may give us an additional 30-45min of battery juice. If several pictures could be taken to include the following would be great.
    • Readable picture of the Battery specs with clear text
    • picture of the battery contacts
    • Bonus: size and dimensions, & weight of battery
    • Also pictures of the AC/DC Power Adapter would be great!
    • /w detailed picture of the power connector
    A good place to upload the pictures is
    http://postimage.org/

Thanks for your help and support!

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  2. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Does this include shrapnel to the testicles as a complementary bonus?! I don't think Clevo would be too happy about unapproved batteries...I suppose they have to pass some CE mark test or something along those lines...

3. superkyle1721

superkyle1721 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I would imagine it is much like all other things. If they can put the blame on you for whatever was damaged then yes it will void warrantee. Either way though I just don't see a need to improve battery performance. Running on battery makes the computer so throttled it's not worth it. Adding 30 minutes to unplug time is irrelevant for me at least.

4. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    True, but your testicles are probably important to you too beyond the concern of warranty devoidance!

TomJGX likes this.
  5. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Good luck with that. These are already among the highest capacity battery packs you'll find in notebooks. Most notebook battery packs are 10.8-11.1V, 45-65Wh. This one is 14.8V, 82Wh.

Besides: "Risk of explosion if battery replaced by an incorrect type."

They do indeed have a CE certification along with a couple of TUV SUD certifications.

Also, for those still wondering, P750ZM works without the battery installed, although the front right foot is molded into the battery case so operating without may be problematic.

6. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    Reminds me of my D900F in that way.

7. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I've seen similar in a few other designs but it's rare in my experience. Some of Sony's super-small subnotebooks use a similar design with the battery pack having the rear feet. Some of Dell's subnotebooks have the same design as the Sony subs. I had a smallish Winbook of either late Pentium M vintage that used the same kind of bottom case and foot battery pack design that the P7xx's use.

8. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    Believe me, it's pretty ingenious for space-saving. I had a hard drive under my battery, and two other HDD slots next to it, then next to that was the ODD caddy. Then behind it... well... the biggest heatsink I've ever seen in a notebook.

9. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah. Come to think of it, Apple used a similar design with their 12" PowerBooks and maybe the 12" iBooks. Huh. Not so rare as I'd previously thought. I'd forgotten about the PowerBooks. Adding mine to the list means at least 1/4 of the notebooks I've owned have had battery packs with feet. My DM-1 and GP60 and MacBook Pro have battery packs that are part of their bottom cases but they don't have feet. I think the rest either have/had bays or internal battery packs under bottom covers.

10. ProFX

ProFX Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Reminds me of what Bill Gates once said "No one will need more than 637 kB of memory for a personal computer"

I have always said *Sometimes there is no need until it can be done, then it becomes a must have. I like riding the digital wave of cutting edge. Imagine having a 4 hour battery, that is the same size as the current battery and weighs less.

Voiding your warrant by putting in a after market battery is a given. Let me get you guys up to speed, there is already battery technology available now that you can buy that surpasses Lithium-Ion that is also much safer, and resilient to extreme environments.

Why haven't you heard of it? Because it's cutting edge it takes more than just a google search. By about this time next year the next gen batteries available now will have further matured and will be able to push the Batman an additional 2 more hours on battery for a total of approx 4 hours. The batteries will have plenty of power to drive the Batman at full speed without any throttling.

The new emerging batteries I speak of are also not capable of exploding like @ratinox suggested. They are far more stable than Lithium-Ion. The new batteries meet international standards concerning shock, crush, thermal stability and short circuit (UN38.3, IEC62133). They are also non-flammable and can withstand extreme abuse situations such as bullet and nail penetrations with no adverse reaction.

Additionally they have an indefinite shelf-life, with no charging required when left for extended period. They can also be fully discharged down to 0% without damaging the cells, and can be recharged over a 1000 times.
    Again these batteries are available now. A custom battery pack would need to be made for the Batman which is why I'm asking for pictures.

So instead of being so negative
    Let's cheer each other on here and see what we can achieve, instead of being negative.

Last edited: May 24, 2015
    jaybee83 and TomJGX like this.