*** Official Clevo P75xZM "Batman" / Sager NP9752 Owner´s Lounge | Welcome to the Batcave! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Dec 11, 2014.

1. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    You may also have options up to six cores with LGA 1151, replacing LGA 1150.

The added benefits of waiting for what you'll be using it for makes it worth while. For just gaming, it won't make much of a difference.

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Usually there are advances in storage capability and features, performance increases tend to be incremental.

3. ajc9988

ajc9988 Death by a thousand paper cuts

Reputations:
    To address some issues:
    1) main reason, if you need faster ssd access, if the rumors are correct, the 4 lane m.2 will be pcie 3.0 instead of 2.0
    2) the DM would likely use the 6700K. As that is only around 8% gain and the laptop likely won't drop until December-ish, not worth the wait
    3) possible 4k screen for the 17 in. Model. No one knows screen quality or the full effects of directx12. So, unless looking at 17" model and have need for 4k, don't wait
    4) ddr4 - right now more expensive and doesn't have the speed boost or the performance increase, don't wait for.
    5) no exciting graphics cards drop until r9 m400x series and Pascal. I wouldn't bet big on the m300x mobile flagship, don't wait.

Finally, computex is first week of June and will show off upcoming models. If you can wait till then, I would. E3 follows.

Edit: the December estimate is because the 4K screens for the 17" aren't supposed to arrive until Q4. If this is supposed to ship standard, this would be the time frame.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
    TomJGX, ProFX and Mr Najsman like this.
  4. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    There will likely be improvements of bandwidth between CPU and southbridge too which will help max storage speed in general.

TomJGX and ajc9988 like this.
  5. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I agree with most of what you say if we're talking about gaming / gamers. For CAD, 3D rendering, etc. it will be much more beneficial.

Skylake is basically just bringing us more efficient hardware capabilities. It's not going to be stomping Haswell in performance. Some may think this is good, others may not. I think it depends. "Efficient" often times is just a word used for describing, "the sacrifice of performance," at least in regards to gaming.

May not be all that bad. Won't know until after Computex in June.

ratinox and ajc9988 like this.
  6. ajc9988

ajc9988 Death by a thousand paper cuts

Reputations:
    To build on that, if you have to wait 3-6 months before purchase, but you have need now, the added efficiency may not be worth the time without.

7. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Here's a question that I wasn't able to find an answer for by searching the thread: is being able to install an unmodified desktop driver a P750 feature or a Prema OC vBIOS feature?

8. bigspin

bigspin My Kind Of Place

Reputations:
    Prema mod vbios works with unmodified driver. It's not a feature.

Sent from Tapatalk

9. icpu

icpu Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    thanks for the responses guys.
    agreed. and cause i'm living in Indonesia it means 4-6 months delay from you guys living in UK, Europe and USA.
    the p750zm just recently rolled in 2 months ago in March while you guys already got it since December?

and we are still like "wow a desktop processor on a laptop?!" when they launched it at March. :confused:
    the clevo barebones are still not a big hit here, so most people go for Precision (dell) or ThinkPad.

nuff said about waiting for the 6700k. i don't believe it's much slower than 4790k anyway. and i don't really have the time to tweak so most probably going to get a 4790k just for the 0.4 GHz difference with the 4790s and maybe tweak it if i really got the time.

anyway with that being said is it worth it to buy 4790k instead of 4790s if i don't overclock?
    it will cost me around $260 for that upgrade from the official store here. which i think is kinda funny when i look at xoticPC it only cost $50. and when i browse to the amazon their difference is less than $50.

in my first post i also mentioned this question: does the directx 12 will also boost performance for 3D modelling? because if it is, i think it will get the 980m because i think it will shorten the gap with quadro k3100m.
    that will give me the best of both working and gaming capabilities, and most importantly with a much reasonable price.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    If you don't overclock the K is not needed and certainly not worth that much more.

Modeling programs are in a different line to games, quadros will still hold the crown due to the custom drivers and support. (Nvidia will keep it that way).

ajc9988 likes this.