*** Official Clevo P75xZM "Batman" / Sager NP9752 Owner´s Lounge | Welcome to the Batcave! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Dec 11, 2014.

1. taveston

taveston Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The Control Center software keeps crashing upon start. I re installed the software, but the issue remains. Also the fans continue to spin up regularly and sometimes stay loud for a sustained period.

Anyone else having this issue?

2. metacarpus

metacarpus Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I had this issue at one point. Fixed it by reinstalling the graphics driver. Seems hotkey is tied to it somehow.

3. taveston

taveston Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks - do your fans also spin up and down randomly? Sometimes mine literally come off and on full speed in one second intervals for about a minute - very odd!

What fan profile do people generally leave it on?

4. metacarpus

Reputations:
    What happens to me is the following:
    Fans spin up a lot sometimes during boot if there's updates to install. Once it reaches Windows and Hotkey loads, fans immediately stop (go on Automatic) no matter what setting they were set to during boot. That is to say, even if I manually set them to maximum during boot, once Windows and Hotkey load, they will override any manual settings and go to Automatic.

In my case, they spin up and down quite often when the laptop is idle, not doing anything, and with no programs open. The CPU reaches 77C at that point and the fans automatically increase speed to cool it down a bit... then they slow down, then the temperature rises again without doing anything, and then fans start spinning again.

Generally I put it on max fans when gaming.

5. jmpnix

jmpnix Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do any of you know - If I buy a Clevo P750ZM with a Samsung 4K screen now, will I be able to replace it with a Sharp 4K IGZO screen in the future ? ( I know an upgrade from 1080 -> 4K is impossible)
    I ask because I need to buy one for a friend within the next week and nobody in the US has a 4K IGZO screen right now... (earliest they say is June 2nd).

6. Mr Najsman

Mr Najsman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That´s crazy low temps! Is your CPU running full speed and being taxed?

My P771ZM is mostly silent in idle, temps usually slightly above 50C. Sometimes the fans spin up abit and I can see some update or antivirus-thingy hogging some resources. But I´ve never seen it go higher than 60C (or 65?) idle, 77C seems unusually high. Have you checked what processes are running when it happens?

7. metacarpus

Reputations:
    Nothing out of the ordinary from what I've seen. Pretty sure it's just a bad paste job. But I only have enough paste for one repaste and it costs $70 to order 10g of gelid and have it shipped here. So I'm waiting for the thermal pads to arrive before I take off the heatsink.

There is a small possibility that the heatsink was ****ed up when I sent it for RMA to change my motherboard, which would be quite infuriating if true. But we won't know until I lift it I guess.

8. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Figured out the freeze issue, must've been related to the driver. Did a clean install and it went away.

Without FRAPS and the hair thing turned down, but everything else turned to Ultra (highest) including Postprocessing, FPS is steadily above 45 FPS, usually around 48 FPS. With FRAPS recording, the FPS was around 42. With the hair enabled, the FPS is around 33 the majority of the time...

Dat hair tho. The Witcher 3: Starring Brad Pitt. :D

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  9. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes. Check the first post. There should be links to @LunaP's detailed analysis of what you can and cannot do regarding display panels.

10. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Nice that you're not dropping below 30 frames even with everything turned up. And losing "only" 10 frames with the hair physics enabled is amazing. I gather that the performance hit a month ago was enough that CDPR turned it off when they let the YouTubers at the game.

I've had mine a week now and I'm dealing with the buyer's remorse. Did I really need to spend this much money on a notebook? Couldn't I have gotten by with something less expensive? And all that. Nope. Forking over for the 980M card was the right decision after all.

demonhotrod likes this.