*** Official Clevo P75xZM "Batman" / Sager NP9752 Owner´s Lounge | Welcome to the Batcave! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Dec 11, 2014.

1. LunaP

LunaP Dame Ningen

Reputations:
    Reminds me of the older days when you'd go to audio options and mute "line in/out" and the super low buzzing sound would disappear. Had it on my D900. ( I know that's completely unrelated )

Would almost be curious to wrap everything and then slowly unwrap to see if its interference of any sort.

2. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    What CEG ordeal? I don't see them posting too much on these forums lately, now that you mention it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. LunaP

LunaP Dame Ningen

Reputations:
    I think it was the one where they kept re-sending the same faulty unit back without doing anything.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
    TomJGX and D2 Ultima like this.
  4. D2 Ultima

Reputations:
    *sigh* can we please just get a place that does their QA and honours their warranties properly without being $1000 more expensive for no reason than places like Sager?

TomJGX and ProFX like this.
  5. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Mythlogic did okay by me other than the lack of communication over parts backorders.
    I can't speak to their warranty support since I don't need it and hopefully won't ever. :)

Dell's been good as far as their on-site options go. I've been very happy with that, and their prices aren't outrageous unless you're trying to buy lots of disks. Dell tends to gouge buyers on enterprise-class disk prices.

6. D2 Ultima

Reputations:
    I know Myth does pretty well, but they lied to me flat out in some warranty deals I needed to get done, and they won't send me a new GPU fan because "apparently it got warped due to heat and that's not normal so warranty doesn't cover it"? I don't know. However you find them to be, in 2013, they were 3 times better.

I also meant "for clevo". Not really interested in Dell or AW or MSI etc.

7. Samot

Samot Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That was me and Ingvarr.

D2, this whole story began on February and i kinda stopped posting here a month or so ago.

Ordered from CEG, asked them to check for any kind of noise, to lap the heatsink, and to check the panel for backlight bleed. Was doubled promised that they´d do it. Got a a whining laptop, no lapping, bad contact between the heatsink and ihs, a really bad case of backlight bleed, and a Intel wireless card instead of a Killer 1525 without any warning.

Contacted them about it and not a single apology, nor a proactive attitude towards the issues. Had to be me to handle and pay the shipping to the german service center. They only fixed the panel.

Complained about that and the reply i got was "we´re travelling, complain to service center boss, you have his email".

Sent the laptop back for a refund. Handled and payed again for the shipping. Got the refund a week after the legal deadline. Still waiting for a refund on the shipping costs since legally they´re on CEG and not on me.

All in all, received the laptop on the 10th of February and it arrived at the service center for the refund on the 27 of March. Got the money back on the 18th of April.

Slow and bad communication from them from the moment i began reporting my issues with the laptop.

D2 Ultima likes this.
  8. ProFX

ProFX Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Samot,

Man that's terrible sorry to hear. So I've gotta ask who's been the best retailer to work with on warranty issues? Wish there was better quality control.

9. Samot

Samot Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Can´t really tell. This was the first time i had any problems with a laptop.

This new unit also has some noise, and a not so good wifi connectivity (most probably problems on my side of the issue), but Mysn have been great with their support.

10. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    That's it, enough is enough. I'm locking the thread to remove the last 6+ pages of garbage. The next time it goes off the edge, I will issue reply bans for a week to everyone involved.

Edit: Everything has been cleaned up. This thread is about the Batman as it is now. It is not about Optimus, it is not about religion, childhoods, or anything else. If you all wish to engage in off topic discussion then please make threads in the proper forum for it and all of you know better than flaming and flamebaiting.

Last edited: May 18, 2015