*** Official Clevo P75xZM "Batman" / Sager NP9752 Owner´s Lounge | Welcome to the Batcave! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Just a reminder everyone. We have an edit post option. Please use that rather than making another post right after.

D2 Ultima and Prema like this.
  2. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Skyrim can develop in-memory issues that will destabilize the game down the line. Corruption now can go unnoticed for tens of hours and it can't be fixed. So, undervolting the processor to the edge of stability seems like a bad idea to me under these conditions, and you really don't want to accidentally forget to switch XTU profiles.

That and five bucks will get you a small late at Starbucks.

Prema and Robbo99999 like this.
  3. metacarpus

metacarpus Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The replacement keyboard arrived from mysn and it works great :D I didn't think making a new thread about it was necessary and I know they read this one, so I'm just going to express my thanks here!

On the other hand, Eurocom has disappointed me again. They didn't even bother answering my tech support request for a new keyboard.

Now I just need my fujipoly pads to arrive so I can also fix this terrible paste job they must have done because 100C degrees and thermal shutdown while playing Guild Wars 2 on a non-overclocked system is beyond ridiculous.

jaybee83 and ajc9988 like this.
  4. ProFX

ProFX Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can anyone shed light on the following?

Does the Batman have HDMI 2.0 when paired with the Sharp 4K panel? It eurocom does but others don't?
    Also is G-Sync available on the Samsung 4k panel and the Sharp 4k panel? I've seen mythlogic list G-Sync but only for the Samsung.

5. LunaP

LunaP Dame Ningen

Reputations:
    16 days left till Clevo unveils the new line.

6. metacarpus

metacarpus Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    To the bolded: No, the Sharp 4k doesn't work with Gsync. Haven't tried doing anything with the outputs tbh.

7. Samot

Samot Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hi guys! Been away for some time.

So, after the whole CEG ordeal - not completly finished though, still waiting for a refund on two rma shipping costs - i got the Bats from Mysn/XMG, great service and support!

But....

Either i´m really unlucky, or my hearing is extra sensitive (i´m 35 btw). This unit also has interference noise coming through the speakers....

Could you guys please do some testing for me?

Here´s what i´m asking:

- be in a really quiet room, at night, with just the laptop on
    - have the laptop plugged in, sound muted, fans on auto
    - do not do anything that gets the fans to speed up
    - open some websites
    - watch a youtube video and resize it to different dimensions, including full screen
    - let it idle
    - now do the same as above but with the laptop running on battery
    - on both scenarios (plugged in and on battery) disable/enable the realtek audio device through device manager

Do you notice any noise coming from the speakers?

This is driving me nuts....never had a laptop do this before.

Thanks!

8. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I can't say that I have, but every computer chassis is a hotbed of EM noise and that noise sometimes is audible through the sound system because the wires the run from the amplifier to the speakers or headphone jack act as antennas. That said, if disabling and then enabling the Realtek audio device triggers the noise that you hear then I suggest not disabling and enabling the Realtek audio device.

Edited to add: you should also check to see what, if any, noise is audible through the headphone jack. There shouldn't be while the notebook is on. Any power supply noise should be filtered by the ferrite bead near the plug.

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  9. Samot

Samot Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    No, it doesn´t trigger the noise. I suggested it because if i disable the realtek audio device the noise disappears.

No noise through the headphones jack.

And the noise is worse when on battery.

10. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It sounds like EMI inside the case and the speaker wires are picking it up. No noise at the headphone jack means it's not a fault in the sound hardware. One more thing to try is to run it with the battery removed.

Samot likes this.