*** Official Clevo P75xZM "Batman" / Sager NP9752 Owner´s Lounge | Welcome to the Batcave! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Dec 11, 2014.

1. LunaP

LunaP Dame Ningen

Reputations:
    You don't need anything else after you have a WingNut video anyways, half the other people out there reviewing are idiots (Cnet/anandtech/etc) and wouldn't know what thermal paste was if they brushed their teeth with it. Besides you can only cover the same damn thing so many times before it gets annoying. You won't get much more in depth than WN's.

Yahoo is a joke. Bing just steals from Google's search results however takes a few weeks to update.

jaybee83 likes this.
  2. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I've been having an issue that I can't seem to figure out... When I leave my external speakers plugged in and shutdown the laptop, there is an extremely loud buzzing noise emitted from the speakers until I unplug them. Why is this? Is it a malfunctioning sound card? None of my laptops have ever done that before, lol.

3. LetiferX

LetiferX Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Does the noise change over time? Could be a dirty floating ground.

4. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Low-pitched (60Hz) buzzing/humming kind of sound? That suggests a short circuit. It could be as simple as the plug not being properly seated in the jack or dirty contacts. Check if the plug molding is interfering with the jack. Clean the plug with some isopropyl alcohol to make sure there are no oils causing problems.

5. J.Dre

Reputations:
    @LetiferX,
    It's a constant loud noise. Sounds like that noise when you plug in the speakers but not all the way... You know that sound? But it's definitely plugged in all the way.

@ratinox,
    The speakers are clean and new. I've used them on previous systems and never had issues. Could just leave them plugged in overnight. I'm thinking it's a Windows 8 / audio driver issue. Think that could be it?

It only occurs when I shutdown the system and leave the speakers plugged in.

6. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That particular sound is a short circuit or ground fault. It's 60Hz (50Hz in England) for a reason.

New does not mean clean. Quite the contrary: manufacturing residue is invisible to the naked eye but still there. The only way to be sure is to clean with a solvent like isopropyl alcohol.

Regardless, it's not a driver issue. It's an electrical problem.

7. J.Dre

Reputations:
    Why do you think it occurs only with this system and no other? It must be the laptop.

8. Ishatix

Ishatix Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I have a similar problem with part of my speaker setup (one of the two sets of speakers I have connected buzzes when I switch off Batman). However, in my case they are both connected via a USB DAC rather than to any of the audio ports on the laptop. I assumed it was mainly an issue with the DAC as it has a silly US plug on it with no ground connection and it has given me light shocks before (and therefore I don't bother with the plug and just power it off USB). But then again, I didn't have the issue with the buzzing speaker with my previous laptop. So I wonder if there is something a little iffy about the grounding on Batman. Can an electronics whizz here advise if laptops normally have a DC ground connection in parallel to the transformer?
    I've been thinking of getting a separate earth plug for my audio setup so it's something you might also wish to consider.

I've asked mySN again for an update on the fan profile / EC since I hadn't heard anything in a while and the fan control on Batman is still up the creek. Apparently Clevo are still looking into it but have other R&D priorities at the moment... :-/

P.S. Oh why is there a little tiny square which looks like a black dot above and between the "Post Reply" and "Upload a File" buttons below??? Gave me a bit of a fright as thought Batman might have a dead pixel for second there!

9. MichaelKnight4Christ

MichaelKnight4Christ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hold on up now lol, at a passing glance your comments are funny but there are some things I just want to point out here. I respect all the reviews and people who post this kind of thing and while htwingnut's review was detailed I still like to get more different opinions and points of view.

I get where your coming from but the main point is that this style of notebook has several configuration options but very limited user vids with them and only the top end versions with i7k, 980m, ssd and hyper ram's have been shown in the videos. I am very grateful for all the different company reviews and self vids people have posted and even what you may see as dumb can still offer a different insight.

You have to remember this is not a machine that people can go to the local store and see, hold, tryout and touch so in no way can more videos be annoying especially since there are many upgrade options and choices on these. I want as many videos and different user opinions as possible but your post may actually scare people away from posting one.

@ to people reading this If you have a clevo zm of any branding I encourage you to post vids please !there not annoying or stupid to me at all and the more the merrier. Sharing is always caring pal!

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  10. splinterfaction

splinterfaction Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I get the buzzing speakers when my U505 is off too. Same speakers don't do it with any other computers, monitors or portable music players I use them with, just the Batman.
    I often route my speakers through a small USB speakerphone anyway so that fixes the problem.