*** Official Clevo P75xZM "Batman" / Sager NP9752 Owner´s Lounge | Welcome to the Batcave! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Chips listen in the service manual may not be present in the machine you have got.

jaybee83 likes this.
  2. ajc9988

ajc9988 Death by a thousand paper cuts

Reputations:
    *begins to cower as Luna's hand begins to swing* in all truth, I considered it until I laid eyes on this Batman. At that point, I couldn't justify it. I was concerned about the lack of optical drive, but that I got over quickly. But this was in January. Now, I'd probably wait for the event coming up to decide. Also, if reports are true (read some articles after hearing about the jump), the jump could be 30-40 percent processing power. I'm still skeptical, yet hopeful. That would put the numbers in line for average performance jumps by node supposedly garnered by using the 20nm jump with glofo. Tsmc may have similar claims. And the companies signed with them are going another node to 14/16nm, respectively. So to hear the new architecture will more fully utilize the shrink is great. Although I meant to give some crap, I do think that if a skylake variant is released at the event instead of Broadwell, getting the sm-a now would make me cry. Luna, you had other considerations (your quest for a perfect display that can't fit in the Batman) that at the time I did not (I needed a new laptop fast and it came to these two machines). I was hopeful of a K broadwell variant, which became dashed shortly after I bought it THEN looked at rumors and Intel roadmap. So I got this and am happy with it.

jaybee83 likes this.
  3. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    They really need to look at their own P650SE/SG and with the next P750ZM refresh offer a dual fan cooler for the CPU and single fan for the GPU.

256-bit bus is the real constraining factor but the 780m and 880m have shown the 100W TDP is irrelevant. I think it can pretty much supply as much as it needs. The publicly available spec is old and has been updated since I'm sure, to accommodate update tech.

-----------

On another note I'm really itching to go ahead with the P750ZM, but I might as well wait until this fall to see what is offered. I love that machine I reviewed, and in hindsight I should have just bought it. My P650SE is great and all, but the P750ZM is more or less no compromise.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  4. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Hope I like mine. It has been a long time since I've played any games, watched shows, etc. - feel like a monk. :D

I'll most likely want Pascal either way, so next spring I'll either upgrade or sell it. Man, I really hope Pascal is MXM.

5. Kommando

Kommando Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So hope we all. ;)

6. ajc9988

ajc9988 Death by a thousand paper cuts

Reputations:
  7. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Because you're not putting 8 GPUs in a notebook.

8. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    There was some discussion earlier about leaving battery in laptop or not. Just as a reference, I gave my HP DV6z to my sister in 2012 after owning it for 6-9 months. So basically it's going on 5 years old now :eek:.

It has been plugged in 100% of the time, used probably 90% plugged in, 10% on battery, and it has 23.7% battery wear. That's less than 5% wear a year with occasional use on battery.

9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It's more of the environment the battery is in and how it is discharged more than anything else.

10. MichaelKnight4Christ

MichaelKnight4Christ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I would love to get more conformations if the 17inch zm models can be used while plugged in with no battery pack. I do know one member with the 15' version here was nice enough to drop in and let me know it did work without the battery which I was glad to hear. I have a real paranoia when it comes to chargers and batteries and Clevo is great but they have the least options when it comes to those since there is not much aftermarket brands that can be used for replacements. Clevo's unlike dell's and hp's have rare parts well then again its a rare company since it specializes in custom and upgradeable machines.

As far as battery plugged in I think its a personal choice with me based on experiences with older tech. I have a hp dv6 from 2010 and is my primary home pc and my oem battery was lifeless after 3 years with moderate usage plugged out and plugged in mostly. When I ordered that hp in 2010 it came with 2 batteries a 6 cell and a 9 cell but I almost never used the 9 cell and after my 6cell died I still had the 9 cell and it holds a charge like a thunder cloud because I don't keep it in and only use during an event. I think the heat has something to do with it and the 2010 dv6 has issues with heat.

My 11 yo laptop acer aspire (amd athelon) actually holds a really decent charge and that shipped with 2 batteries as well and the 6 cell has remained in the unit from the day i bought it and it has held a 45 min charge for years even though I keep it in. That acer is older but its much cooler and does not get as hot as the newer hp one. The 12 cell spare that came with that acer is nearly perfect as well since its kept out the unit.The 6 cell that is in the unit all times lasts about 40min nows after 11y's but when I got it it lasted about 1hr@25min normal usage (not bad for 11yo) but the hp with its faster stronger i5 540m and 1gb ati card chews up those batteries over time.

The laptops nowadays do have smart charging features and that's something I am not used to having since both my computers were made before 2011. So maybe pc's with smarter charges will fair off better in the long run but its tough to teach a old dog new tricks and I just feel the instinct to preserve it since I have been accustomed to non smart older tech for so long.

Last edited: May 3, 2015