*** Official Clevo P75xZM "Batman" / Sager NP9752 Owner´s Lounge | Welcome to the Batcave! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Kommando

Kommando Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    But it's dead simple. Don't go with that wretched mobile processors. Point set. :)

2. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    If I like this computer, I'll probably trade this up for the refreshed version next summer with Pascal. Looks like ULV Skylake and desktop quad-cores are this year, so I expect the refreshed Batman to launch sometime in late Fall, and through Spring with GPU refreshes.

3. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I don't think they'd fit.

As @bitstorm noted, the trackpads are centered on the alpha keys, usually somewhere in the vicinity of the G and H keys because that's where your hands are when touch-typing. Apple is the notable exception, always centering the trackpad to the chassis rather than the user's hands. But then, Apple has never included numeric keypads in their notebooks so it's close enough to hand center.

P750ZM and P770ZM are the new 2015 models with desktop processors.

4. Cormogram

Cormogram Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes, a longer version (MXM-C) would be needed.

5. demonhotrod

demonhotrod Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Quite right! I love the idea of having desktop components in my notebook, I don't personally need the overclock ability of the K series, but I love that it's even an option!

Are they? That might put a different spin on things then!

I was thinking that these were from late 2014, so figured Clevo might release something new(er) this year with/without Skylake/Whatever Nvidia release... Though I guess new components won't really come to the market until early 2016 if they are released at the end of 2015. Hmmmmm

6. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Then I don't see it happening outside of proofs of concept. MXM sockets are already something of a niche market. A Dual-GPU card like Titan Z or R959x2 in a MXM package would be a very expensive niche within a niche which reduces the economy of scale. There may also be cooling issues with two GPU cores so close to each other.

7. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    P750ZM and P770ZM were revealed at CES 2015 under the Eurocom badge. They may have been announced earlier but they really are this year's top of the line models.

8. Cormogram

Cormogram Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Indeed, the thermal solution would have to deal with twice the power but not as much as a single 4790K though. So, it's totally possible using current thermal solutions.

9. Mr Najsman

Mr Najsman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Not resonance but electrical noise of varying pitch in my P771XM.

10. alaskajoel

alaskajoel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    A single 980m is already more power than a 4790k (100w vs 88w). Trying to increase the thermal design to 150-200 watts on an mxm board with dual 970s or 980s is a pipe dream. Way not enough space for the chips, vrms, RAM, etc. Not to mention the size of the heatpipes and cooling solution required for them.