*** Official Clevo P75xZM "Batman" / Sager NP9752 Owner´s Lounge | Welcome to the Batcave! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Dec 11, 2014.

1. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    I've forced one with 3.5GHz and my 780Ms, sending GPU usage straight down to 66% on each card. I know the specific part of the campaign to do it on too. 4.2GHz and two 980Ms? Easy.

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    DX12 is going to help smooth out those peaks as it was likely a single core that was heavily loaded, if it was better threaded you would have been ok.

3. MichaelKnight4Christ

MichaelKnight4Christ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I was reading up on this and it seems it may allow for more performance over dx11. Im thinking when I do order my upgrade I will get the OS pre installed. Even though I am well capable of using my own stuff I don't mind letting them install that so I can just boot it up on arrival and start from there. I don't know how much dx12 will improve gaming but I like some of the other features as well and I like to get machines when new software is available rather than upgrade.

4. D2 Ultima

Reputations:
    Actually, the load looked like:
    95%, 85%
    90%, 85%
    88%, 92%
    85%, 82%
    cores 1 through 4 with their hyperthreading load next to them. All that was running was Crysis 3, Origin, my headset/mouse software, and playclaw 5 (for the overlay). No second monitors were attached (as I was in school), both GPUs OC'd to 950/6000 and the PC had just been started from a cold boot.
    (I was showing off graphics)

5. octiceps

octiceps Nimrod

Reputations:
    Wow. With HT off that would be:
    100%
    100%
    100%
    100%

6. D2 Ultima

Reputations:
    I know right? I keep telling people I can force CPU bottlenecks and that a simple 3.5GHz isn't enough for me, but people LOVE to argue the opposite. I just defaulted to saying "It's enough for YOU. Not for me." now XD.

When I say a 5960X at 4.4GHz is my need, people like to look at me funny... if only they knew ;)

7. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So, I've gone back and rechecked my sources and... you're correct that shadow processing is done by the GPU. Not all, though. Whether that's just API overhead or not I wasn't able to figure out. I would have sworn I saw a breakdown of the code path but I can't find it now. No GIF, didn't happen. Regardless, the game is CPU-bound and shadow processing is definitely part of it.

Regarding vRAM, the "ultra" setting increases shadow map sizes to 1Kx1K which does help the ugly, blocky shadows but the performance hit is significant, and tweaking some INI settings can further increase them to 2Kx2K with an even greater performance hit. There's also the hi-res texture pack that replaces the low resolution console textures with higher resolution 1K and I think some 2K textures. Again, there is a noticeable performance to to go along with the noticeable quality improvement.

Either way I won't be worrying about any of this once I get my Deimos.

8. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Are you talking about your 4800MQ?

9. octiceps

octiceps Nimrod

Reputations:
    BFG Deimos X-10 AKA Clevo M980NU? o_O

[​IMG]

TomJGX likes this.
  10. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No. Mythlogic's edition of the P750ZM is "Deimos". Their P770ZM is "Phobos".

TomJGX likes this.