*** Official Clevo P75xZM "Batman" / Sager NP9752 Owner´s Lounge | Welcome to the Batcave! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Dec 11, 2014.

1. superkyle1721

superkyle1721 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes you are correct. I'm not sure he meant it exactly that way. I think he was leaning more towards to silicon lottery meaning the range of asic efficiency is pretty wide on the 980m. Maybe not but that's the way I took it at least.

2. dadealus

dadealus Notebook Geek

Reputations:

anyone swapped the display yet? anyone know whats involved? I really want to ditch this panel for the faster samsung

3. funkybudda

funkybudda Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

I experienced the same as you, however I realize that this track pad's detection of two fingers sensitivity is different compare to my mac book. On the mac book I can keep two fingers closely together and it will recognize it, however with this track pad I need to keep part apart, and it's working alright for now.

4. LunaP

LunaP Dame Ningen

Reputations:
    Its about a 3-5 minute process, you pop the front section of the lid off, unscrew the 6-8 screws in the screen, fold it down onto the keyboard, gently remove the tape and cable, then take the screen off your keyboard and place the new one face day, reattach the cable / tape ( Special kind, no additional materials needed ) put the screen back upright and screw it in, refasten the front section, then turn on and enjoy~

Wingnut posted a video a while back, the bezel is simple to remove, I usually use my finger nail to pop it out, you can google any screen replacement w/ most laptops as the section comes off the same.

Mr Najsman and dadealus like this.
  5. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Can barely believe this myself, but I ordered this computer from XoticPC. Got the 9752-S with a couple upgrades. @HTWingNut's review and all of the positive feedback really swayed my interest. I did not get the 330W PSU because it seems it isn't necessary unless you plan to do some serious overclocking, which I do not. But, hell, it's only $145~ on eBay. So, if I need it, I'll grab it. ;)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
    Mr Najsman and TomJGX like this.
  6. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Nice, I expect pictures :)

7. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I bought one of those iPhone camera stands, so I plan to at least do an unboxing. :cool:

8. LetiferX

LetiferX Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I would mention step 2.5 being upgraded thermal pads on the components around the CPU/GPU. That gave me noticeable stability improvements on both sides. (Probably don't have to go as high end as the pads the rest of us purchased, though)

@MichaelKnight4Christ, The guides in the first few posts are golden! Read through all of them and they should cover anything you will run into. Ask questions if you have anything beyond that. Steps 1 and 2 alone will net you much lower temperatures and performance gains.

@superkyle1721 is correct, I wasn't relating them that way. I wouldn't say the power efficiency isn't also linked to production quality, though. I've experienced it enough times with my own tape outs not to discredit the connection.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
    ajc9988 likes this.
  9. PushT

PushT Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just wondering if anybody could advice me on smth. As stated in my signature, I now have 2 raid 0 arrays, One for OS & one for VM's. Everything seems to be working great, until I restart. Windows sees the 2 drive arrays in device manager,disk management, irst verifies the drive arrays. Everything looks good. But Windows will now suddenly not show the non - OS raid array. I have no way of accessing it. (two m.2 sata drives). Checked in bios( everything ok). What is going on ? Any idea ?

10. ajc9988

ajc9988 Death by a thousand paper cuts

Reputations:
    What bios are you using?

I'm trying to remember whether the setting was in prema's bios our Windows to show the other array. I'll track it down after this round of benchmarks is complete.