*** Official Clevo P75xZM "Batman" / Sager NP9752 Owner´s Lounge | Welcome to the Batcave! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Dec 11, 2014.

1. coreyography

coreyography Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have one of these, and it works fine:

http://www.amazon.com/GeChic-Portable-Touchscreen-Monitor-Inputs/dp/B00DS18ZTG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429751103&sr=8-1&keywords=gechic 1502i

That's probably because it's HDMI. It's considerably more money than the typical USB models though. It's also quite wide; that white area with the buttons is over 2", but it fits in my backpack (barely). Picture seems fine (1080p IPS), though I haven't actually calibrated it or anything, or used it to play a FPS. It also has 10-point multitouch, but I don't use the touchscreen on it. The stand is a little assemble-every-time affair that could be better, but it's workable (or you can use one made for a tablet).

I have a DisplayLink dock I use for my Toughpad that has two video outputs, but I haven't tried it yet with Batman because he has more than enough real video ports.

EDIT: I saw you ended up with another of the GeChic models. I liked the stand setup better on that one, but I had to have at least 1080p to do CAD work, so I ended up shelling out for the one I have.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  2. infowarrior

infowarrior Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Which boutique manufacter should i buy this one from i want the 4k screen though why there not offering the 4k screen for the 17.3 version of this machine too?

3. MichaelKnight4Christ

MichaelKnight4Christ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm a bit anxious to see whats next by clevo as far as I am concerned they have made a signifigant name for themselves in the market place and I'm pretty stoked to see what they got cookin for us next. Luna any Ideas or thoughts on what new models those are? I was guessing from what you said that it'll be a revision of the zm with broadwell and quite possibly some fixes.

4. The Djinn

The Djinn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do you think they'll jump on Broadwell with an entire new model, rather than just offer Broadwell options on existing products? I think anything "new" will be focused on Skylake, so things might be quiet for awhile because of irregular release schedule.

jaybee83 and Prema like this.
  5. ShadowKntSDS

ShadowKntSDS Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I can't imagine them not refreshing the P1*0SM-A line. I'd love to see it get into the same form factor as the Batman.

6. MichaelKnight4Christ

MichaelKnight4Christ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I hear ya, but we have no solid evidence of what caused the delays its all been hear say. I guess it should be like a 4790s but cooler and more efficient because its not only 14nm (smaller) but its also the latest chip and will carry the latest technology for now on(newer). Intel does not need a successor to z97 they are not "replacing" anything they are adding more on top of pre existing ones to gain more clients by offering different options. Besides they can't fool me that easy, the haswell prices wont be that much reduced just because broadwell is out and the same will be for skylake as I doubt the broadwell chips will just vanish when that's released. I also think there will be more boradwell chips before skylake and maybe even after skylake.
    I wont be surprised by clevo making new laptops with broadwell so yeah pal I do and I also see them making revisions to exhisting models. In terms of this skylake frenzy I see it as just another revision despite intels amazing marketing claims and the world who follows it lol. I can imagine a revised clevo Zm but I only predict minor fixes if any and a preconfigured model with the 65w bw cpu by the vendors. The "next"new zm style notebook will have to be made for skylake since it requires a new motherboard and socket.

7. LunaP

LunaP Dame Ningen

Reputations:
    Thx <3 I'll keep tabs on it, that or just fly out there ( if it even allows for outsiders and non engineers/dev's.

According to all vendors the 1*0SM-A line is being removed as of the summer, it had a long run from the EM , HM, SM, and SM-A series, and were the top beasts for teh 15" line anyways. I personally loved them.

Broadwell is being skipped for skylake since if they were going to use broadwell a new model would have been announced a while ago. Wacom is already using broadwell CPU's and the complaints on heat are through the roof, even w/ the new fans.

Of all the vendors that gave the information they all stated that the next models are awaiting Skylake. Also since broadwell is mobile based Clevo will be skipping all together, except possibly on small workstation models which won't be really adhered to on NBR. They plan to stick w/ Desktop chips for the next few generations due to intel's move on making all mobile chips soldered. Clevo wants to maintain their modular prowess so they'll be jumping to Skylake for that big guns.

Unless Broadwell releases a desktop model then you won't be seeing anything additional in the ZM's that + the ZM won't have a refresh until next year since it just came out. This means the next chip we'll see on the ZM series ( if they continue it ) will more than likely be cannonlake.

On a sep topic,

I wonder if the screen mfc's are getting sick of my flooding their inboxes lol. We demand high quality displays ! 72% is standard give us the premium!!!! Stop trying to push the standard to 45-60% and making 72% sound like a premium deal.

For those missing my rants, I've devoted my stress to a new hobby, a webcomic that I'm starting well with lol <3 Anger is ink, ink is life ~

TomJGX and MichaelKnight4Christ like this.
  8. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    The P1xxSM-A where already succeeded by the P7xxZM...
    Clevo won't pull an Alienware and offer on-board crap in their P-series...

EDIT: Their Performance models will remain LGA/MXM with the exception of the BGA P6 and their refresh models)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    jaybee83, TomJGX and Mr Najsman like this.
  9. superkyle1721

superkyle1721 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    And that is the exact reason I sold my m17x-r4 finally and jumped ship to the Clevo. Alienware shot themselves in the foot by making that decision. Of course the cult followers will stay but anyone with a brain will realize that soldered CPU and GPU is not an acceptable solution for a high end laptop. I only hope that Clevo kills it this quarter and other companies take note and remove this socked Bs from their computers. I'll prob always stick with Clevo but from a consumer stand point competition is gold.

jaybee83 and TomJGX like this.
  10. funkybudda

funkybudda Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    thanks, I got it resolved.

PS: I bought it from powernotebooks.com through Donald, you guys have been great.