*** Official Clevo P75xZM "Batman" / Sager NP9752 Owner´s Lounge | Welcome to the Batcave! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Dec 11, 2014.

1. The Djinn

The Djinn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have my doubts. Despite power drop it may actually run as hot at the higher clock speeds. At least, that is the prevailing theory why Broadwell took so long and they have no true successor to Devil's Canyon.

2. Airn23

Airn23 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey Guys....I have been following this thread for a couple months and am taking delivery of my rig today!

Here is what I got:
    4th Generation Intel® Haswell Core™ i7-4790K Unlocked [Z97 Chipset]
    NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 980M (8.0GB) GDDR5
    16GB DDR3 1866MHz Kingston Hyper X CL11(2x8GB)

512GB 850 Pro and 1TB 850 EVO for storage
    Thermal Compound: - IC Diamond Thermal Compound - CPU + GPU
    15.6” FHD 16:9 LED Backlit Wide screen (1920x1080) Super Clear Matte Type Sager IPS Screen
    Windows 7 Professional Premium 64-Bit
    Spare AC Adapter: Spare 330W Sager AC Adapter
    Intel® Dual Band AC 7265 [M.2 Chip] 802.11 A/AC/B/G/N 2.4/5.0GHz + Bluetooth™ 4.0

I've read the FAQ's and gone through several hundreds of pages here. What do I need to do first when unboxing? Any tips and tricks to make sure I do right away before loading programs etc... (Drivers, etc..)

I am not going to mod or overclock or anything like that right now. I have to use this for work so it will be a work/gaming setup.

What headphones are you guys using? What is the best setup?

What monitors are you hooking this up to? I got a Asus PB278Q for work. But am looking for a Gaming monitor. What are recommendations (resolution? 144hz? Gsync?) I want to try and keep the gaming monitor around $300 and the sweet spot on resolution seems to be the 2560x1440? Thoughts?

Appreciate your insight!
    Thanks!

3. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If it ships with an OS installed then get yourself a Clonezilla live CD or USB, boot that, and image the system disk. Better still, if possible, remove the system disk and image it from a USB enclosure. Do this before booting from the system disk. This way you can restore to pristine, factory stock if that ever becomes necessary.

If it ships with an OS then you shouldn't need to worry about drivers.

After that I'd look at Sean's installation and optimization guides over on overclock.net. There's probably similar here on NBR but I haven't gone searching for any.

Watch this:
    and watch the two followup videos.

4. Airn23

Airn23 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Thanks a lot! I will check the links and vids out! If anyone else has recommendations, I'd appreciate it!

5. LunaP

LunaP Dame Ningen

Reputations:
    Only monitors you'll get around the 300$ Range are the X-star / QNIX monitors ( which are rebanded PB278Q's from Samsung)

I own 4 of them, and they're gorgeous, high color gamut, and PLS, so amazing viewing angles, got them for around 230-270$ each, however they have risen slightly and I think there are new variants out now. They can be OC'd to 120-144 hz as long as you get a good one which more than 90% of the time you'll get minimum of 95hz however keep in mind it uses frame skipping vs try refreshing, though you can definitely see the smoothness in games, but there's still a small difference between them and true 120hz.

As for headphones, anything that has "gaming" on it you should more than likely refrain from, since they're within the 200-300$ range but buying real headphones slightly cheaper will yield much better results. The question mainly for you is if you're into bass, treble, types of music you listen to etc.

ignore the stereo vs surround gimmicks, since they're all stereo headphones, its just how the driver is used. To better aid you on questions / information I highly recommend you visit hi-fi.org they have forums dedicated to each headphone with a run down on each for people like you, + the answers are less biased, as you'll never know who will respond here, as well as their actual experience / knowledge ( did they quickly google, or have they only experienced crap headphones )

That aside.

@jaybee83
    putting these stupid 8XXX rumors to rest for Clevo ( since people are going around pretending to know things, while stating its definite, but aren't sure at the same time because they can't provide proof or know where they even got the information (their heads)) , the new models will be announced sometime mid next month, according to all direct suppliers I've dealt with, the information is concurrent across the board.

Mr Najsman likes this.
  6. funkybudda

funkybudda Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    hello guys,

I just got my laptop and installed all the drivers from DVD, after restart my sound blaster X-fi 3 MB is throwing an error and cant detect a valid audio device. I tested some music file and the speaker is working, can someone help me? Is it conflict with tha realtek driver?

7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Did the OS come on the system? IIRC there you need to install both the realtek and the X-Fi one after the other during the same boot.

8. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    Only if next month is called August in the part of the world of those supplier...
    Best case scenario they will leave early R&D phase and finalize specks in the next three weeks...
    Just because Intel is getting ready to sort some things doesn't mean the systems are ready, too.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
    deadsmiley likes this.
  9. LunaP

LunaP Dame Ningen

Reputations:
    Nope I still meant May, as I said "announced" and not released, since Intel will put out what they'll be doing, Clevo will only be announcing the next models that will show up months later, that's what I meant my by post.

10. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    The first juicy dev-shells may actually pop here in June...

'Batman Vs. Superman'...LOL

EDIT:

Skylake announcement is only in August @ IDF15 in San Francisco with an August-October release depending on model.
    All we get in 2-3 weeks is Broadwell support for current LGA models via BIOS updates.

Last edited: May 18, 2015
    jaybee83, HTWingNut, Bullrun and 4 others like this.