*** Official Clevo P75xZM "Batman" / Sager NP9752 Owner´s Lounge | Welcome to the Batcave! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Dec 11, 2014.

1. NestaRasta

NestaRasta Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Wow, I ordered the same monitor a few days ago, sigh and mine just shipped today in the US (double sigh) but I am not going to have it for a couple of more months when I return to the US (triple sigh). I will probably have to it RMA'ed just to be safe unless we get an answer very soon. I assume by "technical support" that you mean ASUS. I would try getting support from Clevo/Sager and/or your reseller, too. Please let me know if you get it working! Good luck!

EDIT: Did you check your USB settings? First, disable the USB selective suspend in your advanced power settings of your computer's overall power plan. And more importantly from my experience with USB device issues, go into the Device Manager...Universal Serial Bus controllers and look at the Properties...Power Management and make sure "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is unchecked for all the hubs (maybe check everything but usually it is only an option on the hubs). I can't tell you how many times this setting has made something either work that wasn't or something that had lots of problems not have problems anymore. Good luck once again.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    Bruce Banner np9752 likes this.
  2. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    This is something that we have been talking to Clevo about for a while now. It is due to be implimented into future chassis releases but will also be available imminently in the P6xxSx models :) It's going to be available in these models first because they have internal batteries - unlike the P7xxZM models where you can easilly remove the battery if you are working for a long time plugged into the mains. Not to say that the feature will never be available in models other than the P6xxSx, just that it will be available in these first!

I know it will be in XMG BIOS/EC releases but can't confirm if it will be in other versions (I would expect that it would be available in all).

jaybee83, Mr Najsman, vitopl and 5 others like this.
  3. Bruce Banner np9752

Bruce Banner np9752 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    NestaRasta,

I just went through and changed all the settings as you suggested to no avail. I re installed the software and went through that process again after changing the power and usb settings you suggested.

What is worth noting is, I have a desktop that is almost as new as my NP9752 and only has USB 3.0 just like the NP9752 (which the monitor says it requires) AND I have an older desktop which does not have USB 3.0 and it works perfectly on the older desktop... Very frustrating. All of the machines are running windows installed from the same exact windows disk if that helps.

If anyone can solve this problem it would be a tremendous help!! At this point I would consider a reward for anyone that can solve this.

4. NestaRasta

Reputations:
    That's not good at all :( I think this is your next best option then... "I would try getting support from Clevo/Sager and/or your reseller, too." Anyone else have an Asus MB168B+ USB-powered display out there?

Bruce Banner np9752 likes this.
  5. Bruce Banner np9752

Bruce Banner np9752 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I contacted my reseller, and they could only suggest updating the USB 3.0 drivers from sager's website, which I did. I have yet to contact sager directly, however, I do believe they will most likely be of little to no help and most likely suggest same failing solution.

I really hope someone can help solve the mobile second monitor dilemma!

6. ajc9988

ajc9988 Death by a thousand paper cuts

Reputations:
    Disable all power saving features on usb maybe...

7. Ishatix

Ishatix Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I wonder if it's a problem with there being sufficient current available through the USB ports to power the monitor? Check the current requirements on the monitor. Have you tried all the different USB ports available (e.g. I had some vague feeling that my external optical drive seemed to work better on the combined USB/E-SATA port), or perhaps a powered USB hub?

NestaRasta and ajc9988 like this.
  8. superkyle1721

superkyle1721 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I was actually thinking that. I know when I grabbed an iPad Air 2 on my old computer it would not charge since it would not supply enough current. I have not checked to see if it works on the batman but if it can't power an iPad then I highly doubt it could power a monitor and that very well might be the issue here.

9. splinterfaction

splinterfaction Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I remember reading that the P751ZM has one USB port that can provide full charging power even when the laptop is powered off. Do we know what port that is?

Also: has anyone managed to get GTA V running on a batman yet?

10. NestaRasta

Reputations:
    yep i think that is it, ish! great point!