*** Official Clevo P75xZM "Batman" / Sager NP9752 Owner´s Lounge | Welcome to the Batcave! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Dec 11, 2014.

1. DMKA1

DMKA1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The thread is to big to catch up on. Can we summarize a bit?

Some people had noise issues which seems to be early editions right? Something with screws being to short.
    The heat turned out o be what? after 204 pages. Where do we stand on this model?

MastuhMind likes this.
  2. LunaP

LunaP Dame Ningen

Reputations:
    Issue started less than 25 pages ago right around the time people actually started to receive their units. Currently it causes no issue other than noise and is being looked @ by the engineers. A few people have found ways to dampen or disable it for the time being. CEG is in discussion w/ some of the engineers and they're looking at either a bios update or a revision. We're all in the same boat waiting for information at this point.

3. Addy246

Addy246 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am still skeptical on the US model as it may have issues that are yet to be addressed by Sager. At this moment, I will continue to wait until a proper review is out, hopefully by HTWingNut.

4. MastuhMind

MastuhMind Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Muh computuh bettuh be flawless son!

5. LunaP

LunaP Dame Ningen

Reputations:
    They're all the same model they come from Clevo, parts such as CPU/GPU/Screen/MEM basically anything we can add are made by the vendor ( in this case Sager )

Clevo is the MFC they make the boards/chasis

Unless you mean the choice in parts selection, which currently the only downside is RAM/FHD options which is easier to obtain aftermarket anyways since noone seems to offer the Samsung panel in any country, just the AUO

6. Addy246

Addy246 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Agree on Clevo/Sager being the same. I said Sager because that is the name used in Americas. And no, I wasn't referring to parts selection. I am talking about corrections to existing design. Like CEG mentioned today that Clevo is now including longer CPU heatsink screws. Also, CEG was not able to demo the whine noise to Clevo engineer because they did not have a machine on their hands. I am sure there will be some revisions made in the design/parts which can take some time to come here.

7. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    There's aftermarket displays compatible with the 770ZM aside from Chimei Innolux N173HGE-L11 / AUO B173HW0?

8. iaTa

iaTa Do Not Feed

Reputations:
    So this bit of notebookcheck's review doesn't sound great:

What are the thoughts of the existing owners?

9. metacarpus

metacarpus Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Can confirm this. The display cover is incredibly flimsy..

Edit: with my old toshiba, the cover was much thicker and yet I still managed to damage the screen due to placing heavy items on top of it (such as the AC adaptor, as I was travelling through airports and such where they force you to constantly take it out). So, compared to that, I'd be scared to even put my phone on top of this cover in fear of damaging the display.

10. LunaP

LunaP Dame Ningen

Reputations:
    No clue, I've only been paying attention to the 15" screens, however its highly probably that there might be.

I'm prepping to order a diff soon unless Clevo makes their next announcement in the next month or so, that or the revision for the w550

Problem right now is Clevo's jumping ahead while the market for notebooks is still behind so enough Q&A hasn't come to pass to fix some of the underlying issues that remain and unforeseen. Such is the issue when new technology era's emerge...