*** Official Clevo P75xZM "Batman" / Sager NP9752 Owner´s Lounge | Welcome to the Batcave! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Dec 11, 2014.

1. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Went ahead and bought one for 480 new.

Ideal scenario to which I am working towards:

i7 5775c @ 4.0-4.2Ghz with Copper IHS w/ LM
    eDP mainboard
    32GB 2133Mhz (own already)
    1070 @ 170-175w TDP(waiting to come back to me)
    1TB M.2 SATA SSD (own)
    2TB SSHD (own)
    500GB SSHD (own)
    Killer AX1650 (own)
    1080p120hz or 4K IGZO

I plan to look over the cooling solution and if possible expanding on the cooling. One of the issues some people faced was higher than preferred temperatures, so I will be working to fix that on my machine.

Probably power it via the M.2 slot I will be removing. As that will need to be removed along with a capacitor in order to install the 1070

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The 5 series was interesting, never got to play with one.

3. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Me neither, but it looks to be the perfect solution for lowering temps while increasing performance since the 5775c didnt pull as much power as Devil's Canyon or Haswell.

4. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    It does tend to clock the best though so the target clocks are going to be a bit down.

5. metacarpus

metacarpus Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Having a bit of trouble here.. maybe someone has experienced this? Machine turned off suddenly. When I tried to turn it on the psu brick powered off its led.

I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in. Power led turned on. Battery indicator turned green. Brick light turned on. Tried power button and all lights went off again. No fans, no indication from machine that it powered on.

Unplugged, took battery out, pressed power button a few times for 10s each. Tried plugging in just brick. Again leds on. Press power button and all goes off, even the brick led. Machine will not turn on using just the battery either, even though supposedly it's full.

Tried taking out the 2 rear ram sticks and still won't boot. I don't have a meter to check psu but i am taking it to the local repair shop for that tomorrow. In the meantime, any chance this is the psu or could it be more serious? I mean, if it were the mobo, the power/battery leds shouldn't turn on right? What about if i tried charging my phone off a usb port? Should that still work if it's a mobo issue?

Temps were all right during that day as I had hwinfo running on the side and monitoring things. Could it be cmos battery?

Sent from my SM-N935F using Tapatalk

6. DaMafiaGamer

DaMafiaGamer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Take out the mxm GPU and try booting the machine. If it does the same thing you have a shortage on the board

7. metacarpus

Reputations:
    hmm, will the heatsink even fit in place without the mxm gpu? Heatsink covers both cpu and gpu so would there be anything to screw it back onto?

Other thing is maybe i should try taking out all the ssds and hdds and trying to boot that way...

8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    It should hover there, it does not need to run long.

9. metacarpus

Reputations:
    Confirmed. Laptop boots without gpu.

Upon closer look the board of the 980M bas medium burns near the testing points and a blown capacitor :(

It's running Prema vbios and HWInfo did not show temps above 77 (at 4k). Usually hovers around 70-71.

10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Ouch, at least you have a diagnosis.