*** Official Clevo P75xZM "Batman" / Sager NP9752 Owner´s Lounge | Welcome to the Batcave! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yeah the clicking is usually the safety kicking in due to a short as JC mentioned.

2. Drizzten

Drizzten Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the responses!

So, it sounds like I need to purchase a new power supply. I originally purchased my P750ZM in the USA, but I am currently abroad for university and will be for the next two years. From what I can tell, ordering a new adapter from the USA is incredibly expensive due to shipping. However, I managed to find several power supplies for P751ZM's on the UK Amazon, made by Clevo and "dispatched from and sold by" IPC-Computer. These cost the same as they would in the US, have much cheaper shipping, and IPC-Computer seems well reviewed. These power supplies are listed as being for Shenker's S505 and XMG U505 laptops, and their characteristics seem to match what I need. However, before I purchase anything, does anyone know if these chargers are compatible with the P750ZM, or is there some difference in the power systems between the P750ZM and P751ZM that would make these chargers not function for me? I've read that there's only aesthetic differences, but I want to make sure.

For the record, this is the link to one of the power supplies that I found: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Clevo-AC-A...+clevo+p751zm&qid=1564092934&s=gateway&sr=8-1
    The other link was the exact same, except it had a lower resolution picture that prevented me from reading the power supply information.

Once again, thanks for the help so far!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  3. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    The adapter is detecting a short and cutting out. That could be the output of the supply but it could also he the motherboard/GPU.

There are cheaper spare units around in the uk, cant search now but use your model number string on your brick and be aware of the connector type.

4. Drizzten

Drizzten Newbie

Reputations:
    Ah, I see now.

Well, I'll order a new power supply and hope that that's what I need to have my laptop functioning again. If not, then I'll likely just be in the market for a new laptop, as my P750ZM is 4 years old at this point, and even if LPC Digital is willing to work with me on getting it fixed, the cost (literal and capability-wise) and time associated with shipping my laptop back to the USA and then back to Europe within a reasonable time frame would be too much for a 4 year old laptop when I was already pondering an upgrade in the next year or two.

With that said, thank you for the help that you've provided so far.

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Let us know how you get on :)

6. Matt111

Matt111 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, I have a P751ZM and it randomly shuts down on battery, it can happen when the computer does nothing on the desktop, the battery does seem to still hold a decent charge as when it doesn't shutdown it can be used for 1+ hour with no problem (which is alright for that model I believe). When plugged in there is no problem and temperatures are good, I also did a full Windows 10 reinstall and same issue

any idea? thank you

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    How old is the battery? How heavily has it been used?

8. Matt111

Reputations:
    It's a second hand so I'm not really sure but it didn't do it the first few months I got it (last year), it started doing it ~6 month ago, if it's the battery I might replace it, even if It's more designed to be used plugged in it's annoying

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    What's the battery health reporting as?

10. Matt111

Reputations:
    hwinfo says 23% wear level

Attached Files: