]]>

**Official Clevo P75xZM "Batman" / Sager NP9752 Owner´s Lounge** Welcome to the Batcave!

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Dec 11, 2014.

1. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Then maybe the NVMe drive isn't worth the premium when a SATA III drive can get close to 600MB/s sustained sequential reads.

Then again, the last batch of NVMe drives I installed anywhere benched at ~4GB/s so maybe I'm biased.

Then again, those drives' prices are comparable to small, expensive European sports cars. :)

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The 960 does a fair bit better than the 950 actually. Also burst speeds matter most to people usually as again unless you are transferring hundreds of GB you won't see it.

3. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I meant the 850 which is already at the limit of SATA III bandwidth and half the price of the 960. 200% cost for 25% better performance seems like a bad buy to me. Or you could get an 860 Pro (I think Samsung never made an 850 Pro in M.2 SATA) for about the same price as the 850 EVO. Either way, I think the NVMe versions are a waste of money for this machine.

4. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    For most people the tlc based 850 evo is by far the most sensible choice even with the pro at full speed.

5. flamy

flamy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Does anyone have screen flicker problem? It took me 3 months to get it resolved with Mythlogic the first time and now it is doing it again.

6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Does the flicker change with screen brightness?

7. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Also, LED light bulbs can make LED panels appear to flicker if the current frequency matches the display frequency.

8. flamy

Reputations:
  9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
  10. flamy

Reputations:
    I don't have an external screen to test with. The last round-about with Mythlogic, they said it was a loose connection. I dunno how the connection gets loose when I'm not even moving my system around.

Mythlogic comments:
    The issue was reproduced for a few moments, we have since resat your video cable and are trying to reproduce the flickering. So far things seem successful.
    Yes, it does look like it was only a loose connection. We were just running more benchmark and video tests.