**Official Clevo P75xZM "Batman" / Sager NP9752 Owner´s Lounge** Welcome to the Batcave!

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Dec 11, 2014.

1. SinkyPitGuy

SinkyPitGuy Newbie

Reputations:
    [Solution for broken Bluetooth]
    Hey everyone. I've been enjoying this laptop for a long time now. Unfortunately the Windows 10 Creators Update from Microsoft broke the bluetooth (I ordered the Atheros Killer WLAN + Bluetooth in my configuration, from XoticPC). I tried everything I could think of and gave up and rolled back to a previous Windows build and stayed put.

Recently, I fully patched my laptop to avoid the Intel vulnerabilities that just surfaced, but it completely broke my Bluetooth again. I tried everything imaginable to get it to work. The Bluetooth chip is a Qualcomm Atheros chip, model QCA61x4. The Sager site has a driver but it doesn't work.

After some digging, I found out that Lenovo has used the same Bluetooth chip in some of their laptops and I was able to install their driver at this link. It fixed all of my bluetooth woes, so I thought I'd post it here in case anyone else has the same trouble with Bluetooth.

Meaker@Sager likes this.
  2. Killer_Networking

Killer_Networking Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hello SinkyPitGuy,

Sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with your Bluetooth vanishing.

This issue is usually resolved by a BIOS, chipset, or USB driver update from the machine manufacturer. If the driver that you installed is an older driver, you will find that, unfortunately, Windows will update the driver whether you like it or not, so you may see the issue return. If updating the BIOS, chipset, and USB drivers does not solve the issue of the Bluetooth device vanishing, then we do have some other suggestions here - https://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/kb/faq/31-bluetooth-missing-from-device-manager. However, as the problem is usually that the BIOS or the operating system is not enumerating the device properly, the fix will likely come from the BIOS, chipset, or USB drivers. If you need any further assistance with our products, please feel free to reach out to us at killersupport@rivetnetworks.com.

-- Anthony with Killer Networking
    *-*-*Check out this review on the Killer Wireless 1535!*-*-*

Meaker@Sager likes this.
  3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Thanks for dropping by :)

4. Killer_Networking

Killer_Networking Company Representative

Reputations:
    Anytime! Quite often, actually. ;)

-- Anthony with Killer Networking
    *-*-*Check out this review on the Killer Ethernet E2500!*-*-*

5. metacarpus

metacarpus Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I was actually thinking last week to make a post asking this exact question. Does the Samsung 960 PRO M.2 heat up too much in this laptop? By the sound of it, the answer is no.

Because it requires PCIe 3.0 to reach its full speeds, while this laptop only features PCIe 2.0. Therefore, it should never get hot enough to trigger throttling. Also, I am mostly interested in maxing out random IOPS as much as possible on this laptop. May wait for the new 980 PRO coming out in April though..

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  6. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    There is little airflow and no heat sink in the M.2 bay which means very little heat dissipation. It's enough for SATA drives but any PCIe drive can and probably will reach throttling temperatures under sustained load in that bay.

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Note that to reach sustained loads you do have to be xfering many many GBs of data when sustained output for that time is 4GB/sec.

8. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Sure. Each successive generation is more efficient and takes longer to reach that throttle threshold under a given I/O load. I'm just saying that within the confines of the M.2 bay without cooling any PCIe drive is going to overheat and throttle.

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Not for the vast majority of users though.

10. metacarpus

metacarpus Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    According to my research, the 950 pro only gets 800MB/s sustained sequential on PCIe 2.0. I imagine the 960 may be a little more, but overall given that this is only a 3rd of its rated speed, even if it has no cooling it should not heat up too much.

Also i expect the next gen controller (on the upcoming 980 pro or whatever) to be even more efficient and thus run even cooler..

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk