**Official Clevo P75xZM "Batman" / Sager NP9752 Owner´s Lounge** Welcome to the Batcave!

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Kord

Kord Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Greetings, quick question about the possibility of upgrading the GPU (and eventually the screen to a 3k/4K one) in Batman.. Currently mine is sporting a 970m and was thinking about getting 980m (not interested in switching the workstation completely) I was trying to reach out local vendors in EU (mysn and local polish ones), and they either would not have those or they could "repair it" if I would have one that is broken. I've seen one on eurocom, however I was not able to get in touch with them to confirm whether they have what I want (without G-sync). So the question is, can I somewhere buy the upgrade kit for this model? Will the AW one found on Ebay/Amazon fit batman? What about screens, have someone replaced it and can provide some insight where could I get one?

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Stick with a clevo one (your heatsink should work on a 980M so card only is fine) or look into the 1060 options people have tried.

3. Kord

Kord Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks Meaker, would you be able to provide any trustworthy retailer I could get either of these?

4. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    I don't know of any local resellers of particular note who deal with parts directly.

5. Kord

Kord Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Would one that fits Clevo P170SM, EM, SM-A fit Batman as well? I found on locally, but seller is unsure if it would, and I was not able to confirm it elsewhere..

6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    No, the heatsinks are quite different between the P1xx series and the P7xx series.

7. Kommando

Kommando Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Check that you have an eDP-screen connector. 970M and FHD ist very likely LVDS. And Pascal does not support LVDS any more... :/

PS: Regarding the SSDs:
    The 850 Evo SATA has the better hardware. If youre going 850 EVO, then i'd recommend the SATA Version, not the mSATA or m.2.

8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Where have you seen the M.2 performing worse?

9. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    I think he means the heat. M.2 ssd's run hotter.

10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    The M. 2 tends to perform ever so slightly better. The sata controllers don't get hot due to the limited sequential speeds.