*** Official Clevo P75xZM "Batman" / Sager NP9752 Owner´s Lounge | Welcome to the Batcave! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Linglese

Linglese Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

the exact panel I have now is this one: B156HAN01.2 In the first post by jaybee83, with all the details, it`s indicated the AUO is an EDP. The connector on my panel has 30 pins.

I have to say I`m really really ignorant on this topic, sorry. I just thought the B156HAN01.2 and the LTN156HL01 were compatible, as both have edp signal. But maybe is not so simple? There are maybe different versions of this panel with different signal format?

To know if it`s lvds or edp do I have to disassemble and check the connector on the mother board?
    In any case I plan to clean all the laptop and repast cpu/gpu, so I can do that.

If can be of interest I can post pictures of the panel. And when I disassemble the rest I can post pictures of the video connector on the mobo.

(Sorry, English is not my first language!)

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    So long as the panel is the same version (that .2 at the end) then it should share the same connector and be eDP.

1080p LVDS cables are 40pin.

Linglese likes this.
  3. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    how are the pixels damaged? are they stuck (any color) or are they defective (black pixels)? if theyre just stuck, you can try this site for repairs: http://www.flexcode.org/lcd2.html

Papusan and Linglese like this.
  4. Linglese

Linglese Newbie

Reputations:
    Meaker: ok, thanks. Yes, B156HAN01.2 is what written on the panel label. (does your company sell also spare parts?)

jaybee83: I think they're stuck. I got this (huge? about 3 cm x 0,5 cm) shade of purple appearing -more or less- in the middle of the screen when I'm, E.G, playing a game and there's a dark scene. If the scene is bright the shade disappears. Never had a problem like this in a screen before, so I have no clue (as I said, I'm noob).
    I have already tried a site with an applet to repair stuck pixels (no success), this evening I will also try the one you gave me. Thanks.

So as my panel has this problem I thought it could be the occasion to swap to the LTN156HL01 to make a little upgrade, as I use it mostly for gaming and the samsung should be much better for this purpose. Does it makes sense?

5. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    oh wow thats a spot of huge dimensions indeed! definitely not single pixels getting stuck if you ask me o_O sounds more like display connector of the display itself is acting up on you

6. Linglese

Linglese Newbie

Reputations:
    Eh eh! Yes, it's really not something you can say "ok it doesn't bother me, I can live with that".

Let me understand: you say it could be a damage or a problem caused by the connector on the screen itself?
    Could it be a problem caused by excessive pressure over the screen, in that point where there's the shade?

7. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    thats also a possibility. although pressure manifests itself in light bleeds (white / black spots in the display), instead of the pink color you see. so im thinking its the hardware itself, no assurances though!

Sent from my Huawei Mate 8 NXT-AL10

8. Surrealist

Surrealist Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Now I stripped one of the screws on the bottom of the laptop. It's one of the four on the outer most corners on the outside of the laptop. Are any of the replacement laptop screws sold on Amazon suitable to take its place once I get it removed?

9. D.Dastardly

D.Dastardly Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Just remembered I have one brand new 751ZM barebone and decided to check something.

Seems my 3.1 revision motherboard is fitted with an eDP connector. Basically, this can mean two things:
    a. I can upgrade the LCD panel to 3/4K
    b. Pascal retrofit is possible

Am I correct?

Attached Files:

10. TomJGX

TomJGX I HATE BGA!

Reputations:
    Yes and the 2nd is also a Yes.. You will need extensive modding to get a MSI 1070 in but let us know how that goes!

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk