*** Official Clevo P75xDM and P77xDM/Sager NP9758-G and NP9778-G "Batman 2.0" Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by ProFX, May 18, 2015.

1. demonhotrod

demonhotrod Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So without trying to get too carried away... But if the Batman refresh is being introduced with Skylake processors, what kind of processors can we expect? Straight off the bat will Intel have something that rivals the 4790k or will that be something that comes further down the line?.. I'm not really in the loop when it comes to what info Intel have released regarding then new CPUs tbh

I only ask because the 4790k is really the daddy at the moment, so if I am going to wait for Batman 2.0, i'd like to know if it'll be a worthy wait! Haha

*I don't expect anyone to 'know' the exact refresh config options lol and I definitely won't hold you too it. Hopefully everyone can grasp what im trying to ask :D*

2. ProFX

ProFX Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do some research on the intel-i6700K it's going to be a little bit better than the 4790K however we won't know a whole lot in regards to how much better it is from the 4790K until we get more results from benchmarking and overclocking. The config options will be similar to the original batman. But you'll have some DD4 Ram features, and by that time Samsung's SM951 NVMe SSD hard drive will be released which will give you phenomenal SSD performance.

TomJGX and demonhotrod like this.
  3. Blacky

Blacky Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
  4. demonhotrod

demonhotrod Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    6700k, gotcha! Will take a look. A Skylake processor that can compete with the 4790k along with DDR4 is literally enough for me, I don't think I need anything else to convince me to wait until Q4 of this year

Thanks for that! I'll make sure to have a thorough read :)

5. MichaelKnight4Christ

MichaelKnight4Christ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It would be ideal if this machine releases coincides with the release of a new nvidia card. Windows x + skylake + all new nvidia card = a portable rig that will last for years to come. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/372329-intel-i7-6700k-skylake-cpu-benchmarks-appear/

Also with the new dm models I would like to see larger batteries options and options for optimus.
    ***Before I get rage type responses just note I said option*** meaning both a non optimus model and a optimus model to choose from. This is my opinion and what I would like to see especially since skylake will have a stronger iris graphics than even before on those chips. It would be a waste in my humble opinion to have iris on a notebook and not be able to use it.

And it would be nice to have a extended life 12 cell battery to choose from. If there is a black out it would be nice to at least be able to watch a normal timed movie without the thing shutting down LOL. A 12cell battery would allow for longer usage in that kind of scenario. Clevo placed the battery in the front so it may bulge it since it would be a larger case but I dont mind if it means longer play times plus it may raise it a bit which is great for cooling.

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  6. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    For the last time, Optimus won't appear on this machine. It uses a desktop chipset and desktops do not have Optimus. Considering that Optimus is not a popular option among enthusiasts in the first place, I don't see Clevo wasting resources engineering something that 99% of the people who buy the machine will not want.

If you want battery life and Optimus, you're going to have to buy a BGA machine. End of story. There's no way you're going to see any decent battery life with a 95W desktop CPU.

jaybee83 and TomJGX like this.
  7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    You also wont get Clevo making two motheboards for the same model, having a MUX would be cheaper.

Also there wont be an all new Nvidia chip, at most it would be a GM204 with more shaders enabled.

8. MichaelKnight4Christ

MichaelKnight4Christ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I dont expect to have decent battery life with a 95w skylake chip and the 8cell battery however skylake will have several options not just 95w. http://wccftech.com/intel-skylake-l...-y-skylake-h-skylake-u-launch-september-2015/
    The 65w option combined with a larger battery and a way to switch graphics would increase the battery and all I am doing is putting out what I would like. I said why not just let the forum know what I'm thinking anyway just for topic sake.

Edit of post:
    Been doing some research on optimus and it seems it really is giving some people problems since some programs are restricted to intergrated graphics instead of the more powerful discrete graphics. Unfortunately even when plugged in the user has no option to turn optimus off and now I see how that can be an issue. I own a older notebook with switchable graphics from Ati and never had some of the issues current optimus users are complaining of but it seems to be a problem for many. Until this is corrected by both intel and nvidia I will no longer comment on this or request this feature.

I understand and I appreciate what you said about the MUX method and that would be even better than what I proposed and I know others here have mentioned it already so I get it. The next nvidia card would still be new and it will out perform the current 980m and thats all I meant. Having a skylake + windows x + new nividia would be a solid combo for a notebook to release with and thats all I meant by that.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  9. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    Right, the IPS is the LG...

10. icpu

icpu Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    anyone got any idea how much will this P750DM? Considering the time it launched.. DDR4 memory for laptop is still new and all.. will it be overpriced?

TomJGX and MichaelKnight4Christ like this.