*** Official Clevo P75xDM and P77xDM/Sager NP9758-G and NP9778-G "Batman 2.0" Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by ProFX, May 18, 2015.

1. MichaelKnight4Christ

MichaelKnight4Christ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well so far this is the only clevo that is matching up to my needs when future proofing. The new skylake processors will more than likely have some refreshes for the following years and hopefully the same will be said for the mxm3b. The thunderbolt is great for a number of features and is another thing that meets my needs. Even though mxm might still be around I will still have some fun experimenting with egpu set ups since I have some extra hardware lying around. And then comes the ddr4, it wont mean much now but I have a strong feeling it may play out in the future. Since I plan on 5++ years of usage something tells me I should wait for this one and not the current zm. Lets just hope other kinks are worked out like the buzzing in the speakers and the coil whine people have been mentioning. And I need the pricing to be around the same ball park.

2. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    Now that one you just invented... :D

Mr Najsman likes this.
  3. pukemon

pukemon are you unplugged?

Reputations:
    Baan begins, the dark knight and.dark knight rises.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  4. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Wish this thread had more poll options. I vote for a 15.6" 144Hz 1440p G-SYNC display. Pascal should be powerful enough to handle that.

It's about time notebooks had G-SYNC compatibility.

5. ProFX

ProFX Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It's very possible the Batman 2.0 will have G-Sync for the Sharp displays. It does already have it for the Samsung 4K Display. But yes wish more laptops would have it, although it still a fairly new technology for laptops.

6. Prema

Reputations:
    Current 15" and 17" ZM models already support G-Sync on select screens. ( 4K 15.6" Samsung and 17.3" FHD LG IPS)

Essentially all eDP screens could do it, but NVIDIA makes the OEMs pay for a per screen model license (cookie) in BIOS, same thing they did with mobile internal 3D...and killed it that way...not a single OEM ordered 3D for GTX9xxM...even Mobile Maxwell Quadros where canned...all THX to greed. :(

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    jaybee83, Kaozm, TomJGX and 3 others like this.
  7. bigspin

bigspin My Kind Of Place

Reputations:
    I'm not surprised if nVIDIA soon start selling unlocked mobile GPU's with OC capability. Just like Intel K series processors. With all these "clock-block" drama going on with their mobile GPU's they might actually testing water before jump in......................

BTW Prema I will buy Broadwell CPU for my P750ZM & will contact you to request beta BIOS.

8. Prema

Reputations:
    jaybee83, TomJGX, Mr Najsman and 2 others like this.
  9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    We do need a much stronger AMD to keep them and Intel in check :s

TomJGX likes this.
  10. Mr Najsman

Mr Najsman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I thought the only 17 IPS was the LG?