*** Official Clevo P75xDM and P77xDM/Sager NP9758-G and NP9778-G "Batman 2.0" Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by ProFX, May 18, 2015.

1. joker105

joker105 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I recently got a thunderbolt/uisb type-c portable display but the computer can't seem to detect it through the thunderbolt port. The display is designed to run with 1 cable only (power and video signal in 1) through the type-c/thunderbolt port but i'm forced to use a hdmi-mini hdmi cable and a type c cable to power the display. Does anyone know how to activate or troubleshoot the thunderbolt port? the device can't be detected, thanks!

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Did you route a displayport signal to the thunderbolt port in the bios as per the manual.

joker105 likes this.
  3. joker105

Reputations:
    Wow this worked, at first i had trouble doing it but there was another thunderbolt setting in the bios. Thank you for this!

4. joker105

Reputations:
    i also have an older problem that i had a workaround. i have delidded my CPU and used liquid metal thermal paste (conductonaut) for the TIM. But the CPU die and the heat sink doesn't seem to make contact when i used conductonaut. i can verify this because the streaks of liquid metal i made on the cpu die and copper heat sink remain untouched, still seeing all the strokes i made even after installing and removing the heatsink again. Is there anyone else having the same problem? will this problem be resolved by getting another heat sink? Now to make contact i use an IC Diamond Graphite pad.

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Enjoy :)

6. tranquil911

tranquil911 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Hello,

Just want to confirm your aware that delidding consists of separating the oem heat spreader from the cpu die, cleaning up the old TIM and bond/glue, applying liquid metal on the die and placing the heat spreader back on top aka relidding.

The heatsink will not have the required death to make contact with the bare die. If you want to full hardcore one could shim out the factory heatsink to allow contact with the bare die.. How ever you run the risk of applying to much pressure on the die and cracking it

7. thewizzard1

thewizzard1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @Prema Any chance of purchasing your fine modded BIOS for this laptop? I've recieved one secondhand (Actually, an X711), and modded it as high as it can go with hardware (7700k, GTX1080 and 1080p75 G-Sync, and a watercooler), but the BIOS is still locked down tighter than anything I can think of to analogise the lack of features Terran's Force enables in their BIOS.

I also have a P750ZM I'd like to mod, but I have other issues with that preventing BIOS work.

8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    What clocks are you running?

9. thewizzard1

thewizzard1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @Meaker@Sager Without the watercooler attached (but with its considerable thermal mass), I'm mostly stock on the processor, 4.5-4.8GHz with -.1V and DDR4-3000 running 16-18-18-18-43.
    I want to wrap up burn-ins and checking out the thermal interfaces across the non-die parts before really taking it to the limits. I also have some carbon pad thermal interfaces coming in, and some new copper shim material I'll be adding to the waterblock (soldering, not pasting).

My waterblock was designed for the p775tm1 with the 2080, but my math checked out and it works a-ok with the 1080.

10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Yeah you are going to need a prema bios to go further with that setup for sure.

Papusan and thewizzard1 like this.