*** Official Clevo P75xDM and P77xDM/Sager NP9758-G and NP9778-G "Batman 2.0" Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by ProFX, May 18, 2015.

1. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
  2. MKazmer

MKazmer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just wanted to report back that I paid $52 including shipping for the hinge. I received it, installed it and all is well. However, I changed back to Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut from Conductonaut on both the CPU and GPU and idle temps dropped about 4 degrees, while max temps increased about 4 degrees. This I do not understand, but it is what it is.

3DMark11 score is pretty much the same.

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Liquid metal needs perfect contact to work properly where as thermal paste is more forgiving.

Papusan likes this.
  4. MKazmer

MKazmer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That would explain it. Despite lapping the IHS when I delidded my 6700k, it still doesn't seem make perfect contact with my heatsink due to imperfections with the heatsink. From what I've read, the heatsinks are hit or miss with these first version DM1 machines. I just managed to get one of the not so perfect ones. My machine is running great now anyhow.

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    It can also depend on the IHS which can be a bit convex or concave.

6. Cruellyricisti

Cruellyricisti Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What are the symptoms of a dead GPU? Or, of a dead motherboard? CPU?

My system powers up when I press the button, I get the green LED in front, orange as well if it is plugged in. Keyboard back light comes, power button lights up, the fans spin up, I hear the HDD spin up; but no beep at boot, no post, no display. The display does not come on at all, during other "black/blank screen" issues, you'd still see the LED back light behind the display, but the display would be blank, on my system the display does not come on at all. Plugging in a display to HDMI port: the display says no signal.

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Depends on how the parts are dead. A GPU is not really a single component, it's made up of hundreds of small parts.

Getting life out of the system usually means there is not a direct short at least. Removing the GPU and seeing if behaviour changes, making sure that you have stripped out all non essential parts too is your first step.

8. DaMafiaGamer

DaMafiaGamer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It is most likely the cpu as this same situation happened to me when I had a clevo p750zm, turned out my 4790k processor was not fitted in the socket properly which caused the computer to display a blank screen.

Usually if there is a gpu issue the fans on the clevo will go full blast after approximately 15 seconds and you MAY experience keyboard numlock light flashing along with caps lock light.

It is highly likely that it is the cpu, I recommmed taking out the cpu and lightly cleaning the socket as well as the cpu.

Hope this helps.

9. DaMafiaGamer

DaMafiaGamer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Tell me, does the hard drive loading light come on? If not it is defo the cpu.

10. Cruellyricisti

Cruellyricisti Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can a DM-G boot without a GPU installed, I had considered removing the GPU and trying. I'll give that a try.

I've re-seated the CPU about 3-4 times now. The first time there was some resistance in the lever, but i'd removed it and checked out the chip and the contacts in the socket. I'll give it another peep at your suggestion.

Blips on for a fraction of a second (no where long enough to illustrate actual drive activity) then nothing.

Funnily enough (or tragically in my case) I just posted elsewhere in the forums if anyone experienced the Spectre update frying their CPU. I think this is the case for me. I had perpetual bluescreen boot loop immediately after accepting the update, had to soft power off, then powered back up into this situation.

Now I am hoping it is the CPU oddly enough. Preferred of the 3 outcomes.