**Official Clevo P75xDM and P77xDM/Sager NP9758-G and NP9778-G "Batman 2.0" Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by ProFX, May 18, 2015.

1. woodzstack

woodzstack Alezka Computers , Official Clevo reseller.

Reputations:
    To follow up with the convo; (Thank you for referencing me guys !)

Well, me and plenty of others offer 3rd party services for upgrades as well, especially if your buying from them as well.
    That way they can not only guarantee the quality and warranty but the installation job too.

Many people think to bring such tasks to repair shops, but from my experiences or the ones that have been shared with me, these guys everywhere unanimously seem to not know how to upgrade laptops for thier life.
    The people on this forum however, it's like thier day job or something. lol.

Maybe I can help you figure out what options are available to you within whatever area you live in, or what is considered a reasonable amount to expect for such services, this can maybe help you shop around.

Like for starters, which 4K panel do you want, do you have the model number ?
    An easy to find it, would be look at the upgrades available on various sites selling your respective laptop and see what they offer, that way you know it's offered and thus compatible, then you only have to check with your respective clevo reseller.

Alternatively once you have the panel model , you can google it, find it from various sources and deduct what you think it's value is based on that and how much shipping and importation plus the service of installation might be, as well as figuring out if it has the same pin configuration as the panel your using right now (in case you need a new cable)

As for the EURO GTX 1070, which works via Optimus for your laptop, you have a select few vendors with it for sale. Essentially me and my partner, EUROCOM
    (just saying, not trying to advertise, please do not report me to the mods and cry about it, just trying to help someone)
    - but there are other upgrade options from others as well, like MSI 1060 or the EURO 1060 or like previous "Maxwell" cards if your card is dying can be found everywhere.

Hope this helps you guys make the right decision and view all your possible options!

Cheers

benson881 likes this.
  2. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    Optimus with P771 MB?

3. DaMafiaGamer

DaMafiaGamer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  4. DaMafiaGamer

Reputations:
    Yeah that is not possible looool

XMG likes this.
  5. woodzstack

woodzstack Alezka Computers , Official Clevo reseller.

Reputations:
    This another one of those with the HD INTEL disabled even though it has a desktop CPU with it ?

6. Prema

Prema Little BIOS Mod

Reputations:
    All Clevo desktop CPU models have iGPU disabled in ordert o support SLI & 3D (EDIT: also g-sync & 120Hz) as well as due to Optimus causing a signal delay rendering it unusable for things like VR.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    DaMafiaGamer and XMG like this.
  7. XMG

Reputations:
    As Prema says, all Clevo socket CPU models bypass the iGPU completely.

In addition, VR is no problem at all for the newer models which do have Optimus, because the external video ports which you would connect an HMD to are hardwired to the dGPU. You could add G-Sync/NVSR into the equasion too, because that requires bypassing the iGPU also but is achievable in some of the Optimus models which have a MUX switch.

Prema likes this.
  8. Prema

Prema Little BIOS Mod

Reputations:
    Ah, yes! g-sync as well as 120Hz support belong to that list as well!

Also to be exact having a mux or direct dGPU connection is not Optimus.
    Clevo stopped paying NVIDIA licenses and went with MS-HYBRID solution to support that.

Fun-fact: I used a modded W230SS firmware (Optimus system) to play with my HTC Vive, before I had a DM3.
    It sort of worked but forcing the GTX860M (also modded to pass minimum VR requirements) to go through the Intel GPU (Optimus) would cause some delay and flicker here and there, which in return caused a bit of motion sickness. :p

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    XMG, DaMafiaGamer and Papusan like this.
  9. DaMafiaGamer

Reputations:
    @Prema Can't find any g-sync 970m vbios mod. Do you still have it? If so can you please give me a downloadable link.

10. XMG

Reputations:
    Yeah, I've stopped bothinering to explain the differences between Optimus and MS-HYBRID, it's easier just to call it Optimus because that's what everyone understands ;-)

Not surprised on the motion sickness! We don't sell VR recommended systems below GTX 1070 and though GTX 1060 is what Nvidia recommends most of our customers are using VR on the high end so need much more power - dual P6000s seem to be the in thing at the moment especially for the 5K and up HMDs being used by industry!!!

Prema likes this.