*** Official Clevo P75xDM and P77xDM/Sager NP9758-G and NP9778-G "Batman 2.0" Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by ProFX, May 18, 2015.

1. triturbo

triturbo Long live 16:10 and MXM-B

Reputations:
    Can you really make use of it at 100%? If so, WOW, I envy you and your eyes :D I don't have that good eyesight. I think 2560x1600 on 17" would be as far as my eyes can go. Speaking about 100% scaling, couldn't care less about the other options, since it gets ugly, very ugly and defeats the purpose of the higher res.

2. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    I'm considering going 17" this time around. As long as Windows 10 scaling is improved, I'll take 4k. I'll likely still play games at 1080p, unless an SLI rig can manage 4k gaming without much issue.

But personally I would prefer a 16:10 3K LCD. I think that would be perfect.

triturbo likes this.
  3. t456

t456 1977-09-05, 12:56:00 UTC Moderator

Reputations:
    Same here, kinda tempted to get a neolithic-era HDX 9000 right now ... saw one for $200 (+$125 for the 1200p panel).

Very much enjoy the 13.3" for its portability; it's a proper laptop and for desk work on location there's an external 30" 2560p. Yet for movies the 20" would've been perfect as is. This is, however, a luxury of sorts; if you can only afford one laptop then an inbetween 15.6" makes sense.

triturbo likes this.
  4. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I guess for me, hauling around a 17" laptop was never an issue. I never had anything smaller. I owned a Toshiba Satellite X205 and then an Alienware M17xR1. You want to talk about huge... But that didn't stop me from taking them to work every single day so that I could play games and browse the web on my Sprint EVDO card while dealing with customers on the phone. I just don't get how people can use smaller machines. I struggle with using the keyboard on my P377SM-A at times because it is a 15" keyboard in a 17" chassis. I also like not having to squint at the screen to read (and sometimes I still have to do that when I'm having a bad day with my astigmatism). I have friends with smaller laptops and they all agree that the immersion in games is so much better on my 17" laptop when compared side by side and they all are jealous of my machine other than the Mac users who play Facebook games.

triturbo and ajc9988 like this.
  5. Blacky

Blacky Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Exactly, for people that do lots of work on their laptops (coding, image editing, lots of multi-tasking), high resolutions and good eyes are a must. I went for the M17x R2 only for it's 1920x1200 resolution, for me it's still the best 17 inch notebook up to date simply because of its resolution.

6. iaTa

iaTa Do Not Feed

Reputations:
    It won't matter soon as we'll all be using 6 x 50" screens in virtual desktops :D

To be fair we need at least 4K VR for that to work well but that's not far off.

7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    I'd love to see a high refresh rate 1440p display :)

8. ProFX

ProFX Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I was hoping Batman 2.0 would have displayport 1.3 to support high refresh rates like 120Hz for VR. I more excited about using VR for a desktop monitor replacement than for gaming, but I don't think VR will be ready for a desktop display replacement until they have 4k VR. I just can't wait until there's a unit that I can use every day for normal work etc.. It's nice having a lil privacy while you do work, or while working or watching a movie on a plane etc..

correct me if I'm wrong here on the VR I haven't kept up with it for a while, but I don't think any of the ones coming out this year would be good enough to use on a day to day basis to replace a desktop display.

9. iaTa

iaTa Do Not Feed

Reputations:
    I think you'll be surprised. I had the low res DK1 and even that was nearly workable.

Due to the slight movements of your head a lower resolution can actually look a lot higher than it is especially when looking at a stationary object.

10. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yeah I really miss the screen from my M17xR1 a lot. Whenever I have to pull that machine out, I'm reminded how amazing the screen really was. It is also much better calibrated than the LG 120hz panel I have which washes out yellows really badly.

Blacky likes this.