*** Official Clevo P75xDM and P77xDM/Sager NP9758-G and NP9778-G "Batman 2.0" Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by ProFX, May 18, 2015.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hopefully we get some reasonable high speed DDR4 modules because at the moment the fast DDR3 heavily beats it.

Prema likes this.
  2. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    +1.

2400MHz minimum. Hopefully up to 3000MHz will be available, or at least supported.

3. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    I wonder how many pages this thread will have before the first end-user is an actual 'owner'...well maybe in a little over 3 months the first people in Asia should be getting theirs...:rolleyes:

EDIT: Why asking people in a 15" model thread what screen size they want? 15" model has always been the better selling version...HM/EM/SM/SM-A/ZM...

Last edited: May 19, 2015
    jaybee83, Starlight5, TomJGX and 3 others like this.
  4. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I'd take 144hz 1440p over 4k any day for gaming. I hope 4k doesn't become the only option for the next round of these laptops. Clevo, please DO NOT jump straight to 4k only. 1080p is just too low for Pascal, unless they do 120Hz-144Hz. Pascal may be perfect for that... Imagine a smooth 120 FPS at 1080p? Drooling just thinking about it... But 1440p/1600p makes sense, as that's the next step up from 1080p.

@Prema,

Most definitely. We're just now coming to a stop on the hype train. It'll probably be a good 3-5 months before anyone actually has one in hand on these forums.

5. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    In general the major Clevo partners tend to get their retail stock at the same time, but of course some of us lucky ones get to see the hardware much earlier - not bragging just love my job:)

Interestingly the panel/laptop size popularity is different depending on the country. I won't go into details but in Europe some countries show that 15" models are noticably more popular and in others the 17" sell better.

This type of customer preference regarding panel resolutions and so on is always collated as feedback to the powers that be;-)

I wonder, is this the first Owner's Lounge thread that has been created before a model has even been announced let alone launched into the market?

Prema likes this.
  6. ProFX

ProFX Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Prema, I was thinking the same thing too. Though we can archive those pages if needed when the time comes, however this can serve as a central place to discuss the specs on the upcoming Batman. When people get excited about something it can take some time to weigh out different options and choices between various models, and it gives some people some good conversation to engage in while they save up $$ for their purchase.

Yes I know 15" is the most popular over other laptop display panels but I thought it'd still be interesting to ask since it's a 4k display.

7. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    It surprises me to hear that 15" is more popular. I can't stand 15" screens. I'd take a 20" if it was available...

pukemon and triturbo like this.
  8. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    @Ethrem 15" is better portability for people in school/college/university.

The smaller re-seller in Taiwan & Korea and other Asian nations usually sell a good 3 weeks to end user before Europe and US receive their stock.
    They simply enjoy a logistical advantage and get direct shipments as they don't have to go through one of the large quantity importer.

On topic (-ish):

What I am personally looking forward to the most is 17" 4K (still hoping they bump the SLI model to eDP 1.4a...120Hz 4K hello :) ) and the Thunderbolt 3 port. Imagine what eGPU joy that'll bring... :D

EDIT: And no this is not to start a 4K gaming discussion, I actually do work on my systems...have 2K (WQHD) on 13" atm and it's perfect...:hi:

EDIT 2: What I am looking forward to most as a gamer are actually the Oculus Rift & HTC Vive, hope NVIDIA gets their driver ready for SLI support. It is unbelievable how long it took to be build VR into a consumer product, I remember testing a VR build by Silicon Graphics in IRC 1993...LOL.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
    TomJGX, Blacky, ajc9988 and 1 other person like this.
  9. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    I have to admit I don't keep track of when the resellers you mention usually get their stock, but logistically it should only be a couple of days difference. Anyway, going off topic!

4K 17" does seem to be a repeatedly requested feature and it makes more sense in 17" than 15".

TomJGX and ajc9988 like this.
  10. Mr Najsman

Mr Najsman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Agreed. I´d probably have chosen 1440p on my P771ZM if it were available.

ajc9988 and triturbo like this.