*** Official Clevo P75xDM and P77xDM/Sager NP9758-G and NP9778-G "Batman 2.0" Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by ProFX, May 18, 2015.

1. Kommando

Kommando Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You can buy it with an 965M, if you want. I know it's not a low end chip like the x40-Series. Maybe these slower chips do not fit into this design.

2. Ashtrix

Ashtrix ψυχή υπεροχή

Reputations:
    Tbh.
    The low-end phrase cannot fit in the Clevo's Performance bracket machines/refreshes - Done with Alienware, that will never happen to Clevos as they have ballz (P570WM , P377SM-A, P7xxZM /DM- New refresh with Broadwell and nGreedia's G-Sync panels...)

Sorry, but that's the truth :p

jaybee83 likes this.
  3. moviemarketing

moviemarketing Milk Drinker

Reputations:
    Can anyone explain how the PCIe lanes will work?

If I want to get maximum speed out of something like the Mushkin Hyperion M.2 SSD, I can only install one of them with x4 speed? Or if I don't use wireless card, would I be able to install two of them at full x4?

Isn't the main benefit to DDR4 for consumers that we can have more total RAM in 4 DIMM slots than what is possible with DDR3? 16GB DDR4 modules are already available and soon we will be able to load up the Batman 2.0 with 512GB RAM (4 x 128GB modules), no?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    MichaelKnight4Christ likes this.
  4. ProFX

ProFX Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The availability of PCIe slots will be the same as in the ZM however the DM will have PCIe 3.0 X4.
    If you wanted you could take out a wireless card and use a micro usb dongle for your wireless and then you'd have an extra PCIe slot.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    We may see 2x 3.0 split into two slots since that is still significantly faster than SATA.

6. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    So correct me if I'm wrong but is the G-Sync screen model only uses the inferior Samsung pentile matrix screen and not the Sharp Igzo screen? Is G-Sync only available with that particular screen?
    If true that's a major setback on my ordering plans.
    Would it woth the wait for Skylake?
    Not sure what to do :(

7. MichaelKnight4Christ

MichaelKnight4Christ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Has the thunderbolt 3 been actually confirmed at this point ? I hate all this secrecy and unknown because if it doesn't amount to my expectations then it would mean it was all a waste of time. If the price and or specs are not right or even overly expensive then frankly I ain't buying.

8. icpu

icpu Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hmm.. since you are expecting much, expect a hefty price come a long with it.

There's always something new in the horizon anyway. At the time you reach the horizon, the new horizon at that point is another new horizon. Unless developers stop innovating.

Or.. you can wait till the new things come out then the price will drop.

9. MichaelKnight4Christ

MichaelKnight4Christ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    First of all I never expected or wanted much, don't care about any screen over 1080p or such, don't even think about the ssd m.2 race of speed since I still plan on a 72oorpm hd and the only thing I ever wanted from the zm machine was the thunderbolt lol as the previous jb zm forums can attest to so enough of that talk pal. Also lol, I'm not looking to broaden my horizons I'm just looking for something that will give me the most user configuration options and the most upgrade potential. Lastly, there is no way to confirm any prices will drop and by looking at whats around us it seems to disprove that theory and in some cases the prices rise.

The intel chips in particular don't seem to drop at all especially since haswell is still being used in the market today and has been refreshed several times over the course of years. Same goes with nvidia gpu's look how expensive the 870 and 780 mobile chips are in comparison with todays 900 series even though the 900m's are double the performance the prices are still incredibly high for 8oom's and even earlier chips.

Its not about what "I" want or wanting the best prices per say its about giving us "all" the freedom, choices, and options on what components that will suit our individual needs whether it be budget minded or performance enthusiast and everything in the middle. That's what attracted most of us to Clevo in the first place.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  10. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Can you please knock off the "pal" business? It rubs people the wrong way, myself included.

alaskajoel likes this.