*** Official Clevo P75xDM and P77xDM/Sager NP9758-G and NP9778-G "Batman 2.0" Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by ProFX, May 18, 2015.

1. Blacky

Blacky Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The whole point of hardware RAID is to unload the RAID work from the CPU.
    I have 3 machines here with RAID done through the chipset. But Intel Chipset RAID is still considered software RAID, not hardware.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  2. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    I have added Broadwell support in my own beta Mod, some review units have been shipped with it to different sites, so you should see some first results soon... ;)

Last edited: May 30, 2015
    TomJGX, Bullrun, Mr Najsman and 3 others like this.
  3. bigspin

bigspin My Kind Of Place

Reputations:
    Broadwell is still not available to buy, I will definitely buy it as soon as Amazon UK have them in stock. Maybe next week........

Sent from Tapatalk

4. ghegde

ghegde Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Q4 2015 is too late considering the CPus are coming out in August
    also DisplayPort is 1.2 ?

5. Mr.Koala

Mr.Koala Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    And allow OSes that's don't support boot from software RAID (Windows included) do boot from the RAID without hacking boot loaders.

RAIDing a system partition with modern SSDes would bring almost no benefit for actual usage, but boot time could still get lower.

Speaking of Boardwell, can we expected significantly better performance on a thermally limited platform like this a laptop? Could there be more OC headroom?

6. ProFX

ProFX Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yea I hear you but it will be worth the wait. As far as Displayport 1.2 blame Nvidia.... none of their cards yet support Displayport 1.3. They should (as in it would be nice if they did) launch their next gen card this fall, but it may not be until CES/Q1. In the interim I'll feed you some good tech appetizers while we wait.. It's important to understand though that timing in this industry is key.

Manufactures have to be very strategic in their timing like they could come out with it sooner but to succeed they have to wait so to speak for the "Perfect Storm" a combination of cutting edge components.

There is a lot of cool technologies coming online that are important for manufactures like Clevo to consider. Such as..

SSD NVMe - A great article! Phison supplies SSD manufactures like Crucial, Kingston etc.. with their Phison controller. Crucial, & Kingston are position well and may one up Samsung because it's partners are on track to produce a 1TB PCIe SSD and also include encryption on the fly which Samsung hasn't mentioned anything about, and may not even support that feature as Samsung's current SM951 SSD does not support encryption on the fly. Samsung's SM951 also runs hot because their controller is using an architecture of 30-40nm the memory on the other hand is much smaller.

Anyways that's just one of many awesome cool feature that is coming online.

Another exciting feature is Thunderbolt 3.0

Watch Intel's Computex Keynote Presentation here

Hope you enjoy those I'll have some more interesting stuff to post in the coming days : )

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    Ashtrix, ghegde, Kommando and 2 others like this.
  7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Similar overall on this platform, maybe a couple of percent faster.

8. Bullrun

Bullrun Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Phison doesn't supply Crucial with SSDs. Intel Micron(Crucial) IMFT produce NAND Flash and manufacture their own SSDs. Phison produces controllers used in SSDs. Crucial's 2012 V4 has a Phison controller.

9. demonhotrod

demonhotrod Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ooooooh exciting! :D Is this all news from Computex?

10. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    TB3 uses a USB3.1 type-c connector, that's the reason it is listed as a 'combo port' on the spec sheet... ;)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    ghegde likes this.