*** Official Clevo P67xRP6-G/P67xRS-G (Sager NP8172/8173) Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by D2 Ultima, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Lynx2017

Lynx2017 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

I did not know this, thank you! lol

Ultra Male and tlprtr19 like this.
  2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Cool I'm glad it got it sorted :)

tlprtr19 likes this.
  3. Anddo24

Anddo24 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone have issues with random reboots or the screen going black? (NP8173)

I'm one step away from doing an RMA, but I really don't want to go through the hassle especially if it comes back with the same issue.
    I suspect it could be a motherboard issue. I don't have overheating problems, all cores are within 3-5 degrees of each other.

Would they even give me a new motherboard?

My laptop screen randomly goes black. The only thing I can find is a kernel power error in the event log. The laptop runs okay most of the time. But when I put it to sleep, the next morning (or sometime during the day) it will either randomly restart or I get a black screen and have no choice but to hard restart. Before it does this you can see the mouse freeze, and the keyboard becomes unresponsive. I've tried reinstalling windows (auto updated to Windows creators; which is when this is became really ad) I've created custom power settings, updated Intel management engine etc... Sometimes I can go almost a month with no issue, it's just odd.

4. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    If this happens only with Windoze X "Creators Abortion Edition". You have the culprit. Have you downloaded latest Nvidia drivers and tested(Run DDU Unintaller first). You could as well try new Windoze clean install + drivers and software. Test before you go on internet(maybe Windoze push aka install crippled drivers). Download all you need beforehand.

5. Anddo24

Anddo24 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Clean install may help.. Thanks for the advice
    The problem didn't exactly start with W10 creators rather it became more frequent. I've been testing out all sorts of undervolt settings ever since I purchased this laptop. I suspect that may also be playing a roll in my laptops instability. I haven't done anything too crazy though; 6820hk -88 mv to -125 mv, anything over -88, and the CPU overclock program crashes. One thing I notice upon my laptop freezing/restarting is it often reverts my undervolt settings to stock. I wonder if the control center is the real issue here.

6. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Don't make the big changes, if you want testing your machine for stability. Only do as suggested with new install. Maybe try with different CCC or without. Be sure Windoze don't change drivers. At least not in your testing. You need find the culprit. If not a RMA is next move.

Edit. See also this + next pages.And I don't say that's your problem. Much problems can be explained with drivers, software and OS. And not only hardware.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  7. W123

W123 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    1.05.07 still latest BIOS i assume? Haven't seen any new ones for a while.

It's gotten pretty stable and quiet since that one, for me personally.

8. gnarkill283

gnarkill283 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Can anymore owners share their temps of battlefield 1 and overwatch? I've only seen 2 other peoples temps and they had different cpus. I want to know if my comp was a dud.

9. Lynx2017

Lynx2017 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

Your heatsink probably isn't seated probably, my Clevo in my sig rig was getting 97 celsius in BF1, i changed the paste (heard a loud pop when I put the heatsink back in) and temps dropped 20-30 celsius. those Chinese workers arms are to weak or something ;)

10. gnarkill283

gnarkill283 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Was that the first time applying new thermal paste? You've done quite a few alterations to your comp if I remember correctly.