*** Official Clevo P67xRP6-G/P67xRS-G (Sager NP8172/8173) Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by D2 Ultima, Sep 11, 2016.

1. tlprtr19

tlprtr19 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Wow. That scary quality or bad luck with a defective one.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Likely a bad unit or something happened to it.

3. Da_G

Da_G Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Got my P670RS-G back from RMA (ProStar) today, came with UEFI version 1.05.07RNS1. I've modified it to reveal the various hidden options, and there are some new ones that weren't present in previous versions. This UEFI is dated 1/07/2017.

I should be able to sanitize my personal info from it and post it, should anyone want to try flashing it (Intel Flash Programming Tool, part of the Intel Management Engine Tools, specifically version 11.0 which can be found on the googles should do it if you've unlocked your flash descriptor...)

I would want whoever tries to have an SPI programmer handy, with a fresh dump of their EEPROM before trying to use it though... that way if it doesn't work the restoration is simple. If anyone's interested, let me know.

If you're curious, the reason for my RMA is my GTX 1070 decided it didn't want to function properly anymore, giving me TDRs and crashing and even corruption when in UEFI and set to DISCRETE mode. It got to the point it wouldn't even boot up in DISCRETE mode anymore.

4. Kittys

Kittys Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If you want I can send you over clevo signing tool for the P670RP6/RS.

Also did they end up changing motherboard? Curious since I just sent mine in for TDR failure too. except they are getting it without drives so no idea how thatll be tested :) (I ordered w.o storage not being mean to rma person)

5. Lynx2017

Lynx2017 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    30 CELSIUS DROP AFTER thermal grizzly conductonaut, I am not sure if the cpu heatsink was not hitting right or what... how can a paste make that much of a different... oh man

im getting 67 celsius max now instead of 97, and im at 3.9ghz all 4 cores no downclock.

gpu dropped 20 celsius as well.... and its boosting to 2ghz.... wow... I think Clevo just didnt sit the heatsink right or something... i have no freaking idea... all i know is that my temps are amazing now after grizzly... omg guys.... omg rofl this is the most insane thing i have ever experienced in my entire life, i was expecting 5 celsius max...

tlprtr19 and baytotheapple like this.
  6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    The paste itself would certainly not do that by itself, that sounds like the fit is better now.

7. TomJGX

TomJGX I HATE BGA!

Reputations:
    Be careful with liquid metal paste on GPU... You don't want a loose fitting heat sink causing the paste to leak and kill your laptop!

8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Or pumping air in and hardening it.

You do need to make sure the fit is good :)

9. Lynx2017

Reputations:
    Well it has been running for almost 48 hours since the grizzly conductonaut was installed, gamed on it, let it get cold but shutting it off and winter air hitting it, turned back on, gamed, moved it around some... I think everything is fine honestly... otherwise probably would have had issues by now.

10. Lynx2017

Reputations:
    I don't see the button to search this thread, I am trying to find that post that shows you how to stop the infinite loop update for EGIS fingerprint scanner in windows update - creators update

help please ^^