*** Official Clevo P67xHP6-G/P67xHS-G (Sager NP8176/8177) Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by D2 Ultima, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Geforce2go

Geforce2go Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Going into MSConfig just now I selected Diagnostic start-up and when I turned the machine off and then powered it on it didn't reboot but started normally. When I selected normal startup again it reboots again when I first turn it on. I then tried disabling all start-up programmes but that didn't work either.

The only thing I have changed is under volting the CPU.

My ram is Samsung 2400mhz 16gb ddr4

Edit: Solved the issue... it was Origin Client Service that was causing reboots on startup. You couldn't make it up. Evil EA are at it again.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Ah so it was getting into windows loading? I thought you meant a powerful and 2 seconds later power off then reboot.

Nice catch on the cause.

Geforce2go likes this.
  3. Atmosk

Atmosk Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have the XoticPC version of the NP8177 (with the overclocking cpu options in the bios) running an old bios with the vulnerable ME firmware version, does anyone have the updated bios handy they can pm me? Maybe Xotic can help me on here? I haven't gotten a response from XoticPC's email/chat support for a bios update request other than an automated ticket number. I think the latest is bios rev is 1.05.15 at this point? I'm still on 1.05.04.

IMG_20190309_173810433.jpg IMG_20190308_222216217.jpg

4. Moeness

Moeness Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi there,
    I believe you have yo go back to Xotic, or maybe Sager if your unit was Sager branded? Anyways, just for you to know, I received 2 BIOS / UEFI updates and one TPM firmware update. Using inspectre now shows that I am patched and good now. If you need BIOS rev no. I can check it for you when I get to my laptop.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

5. Atmosk

Reputations:
    Is yours through Xotic as well? It's a Sager branded machine but my reseller was Xotic and as far as I can tell the CPU settings in the bios was a custom thing they did (as a partnership with Prema?) and the Sager standard bios doesn't have it. Please do let me know what rev you end up with.

6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Did you try a quick call?

7. Moeness

Moeness Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Mine is from Prostar. Here's my BIOS info. [​IMG]

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Atmosk likes this.
  8. Atmosk

Reputations:
    I'll give them a call Monday, unfortunately I wasn't able to during their business hours this last week as we had an involved schedule at work.

I'm sure talking to a person there will get the ball rolling, my experience with the resellers and people at Sager directly have always been very positive in the past.

9. Welshie1701

Welshie1701 Newbie

Reputations:
    Apologies for resurrecting a long-dead thread, but I'm hoping someone can point me at least in the right direction.

I have a Medion branded version of the P670HS-G (Erazer X7853) and am having major issues with the graphics capability of this laptop. Pretty much any DX11 or DX12 game will crash with various (and different) error messages, the most common one being various forms of the DXGI_device_removed error. This has only recently become a problem due to my current game of choice (Fortnite Save the World) ditching their DX10 compatibility.

I have tried: MSHybrid/Discrete modes in BIOS, different driver versions (with DDU), disabling all overlay programs, changing settings in nVidia control panel, various registry changes suggested online for GPU driver timeout, compatibilituy mode changes, a Windows reinstall, the list goes on and on...

I am currently running the most up-to-date driver as supplied by the awesome Updater by Obsidian-PC, but still no luck.

I have been experiencing some artefacting even on the loading screens of certain games which leads to me think that heat is an issue, but am able to run Furmark pretty much indefinitely and the laptop doesn't go above 80 degrees C.

I have ordered materials to do a repaste in the hope that this solves the issue, and have reached out to Medion for a BIOS update (I'm still running 1.05.03 and there is nothing newer on their site) but if anyone has any bright ideas I'd be extremely grateful!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Could be a failing graphics chip. I assume it can run ok with the igp selected as the primary in the nvidia control panel?