]]>

**Official Clevo P67xHP6-G/P67xHS-G (Sager NP8176/8177) Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by D2 Ultima, Apr 28, 2017.

1. ImHere

ImHere Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    i was going to sell my current ram to offset the price but yeah i want to get every possible performance increase i can get even if its 1%

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It will be a little less than that most likely, what are the timings of the modules? Are you getting the kit with the lowest?

3. Pippo99

Pippo99 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello guys, I would like to update my P670HS-G bios but I'm not sure about the correct procedure.
    I bought my notebook from an italian reseller so it doesn't come with any prema/modded bios, currently is installed the v1.05.4
    I found new bios versions in this repository: https://repo.palkeo.com/clevo-mirror/P6xxHS/
    I would like to install the latest available version: v1.05.11

can I use this guide? http://www.eluktronics.com/p650rs-g-p670rs-g-p670rp6-bios-update/
    If I do something wrong, should it be possible to restore the old bios? Is there something else I need to know before the update? Is required to update the EC as well?

Thank you in advance

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  4. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    If you do something wrong you will brick it. Reach out to your reseller to provide a guide and your exact file.

5. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    When flashing the latest BIOS you should always flash the latest EC too. Personally i like flashing both in one go without reboot between BIOS and EC flash.

6. Prema

Prema HIBERNATING

Reputations:
    Speaking for stock Clevo updates: Always update the EC before the BIOS or it may never boot again.

7. aIex

aIex Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Unfortunately, there are resellers that do nothing more than re-sell Clevo laptops. You can forget about any technical support. That's why I've reached Obsidian when it came to updating BIOS.

I have two more issues:
    1. One backlight zone of the keyboard light with slightly different colour (blue being more greenish) despite all three zones being set to one colour.

2. Noticeable vibrations of the chassis when CPU fan running at full speed.

Have anyone come across any of these problems?

8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    It could be an LED set being slightly dimmer than the others for the colours.

The fan could be a bearing issue or just needing a drop of oil.

9. aIex

aIex Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It's exactly the middle zone and I noticed it after I switched the left and right ones on after few days.

Oiling the bearing have helped, but at a first glance, it looks like the shaft is actually completely sealed off due to tight clearances and oiling it is impossible.

Also, I'm having lots of DGPUfix crashes listed in Windows Reliability Monitor - easily fixed with switching the DGPUfix.exe name to DGPUfix2.exe with no backlash so far, and - worse - SynTP.sys BSODs while gaming. I've read that uninstalling CCC helps but will test it for some time now. Well, it did not. BSOD occurred next day.

Fixed

Looks like Clevo laptops are pretty troublesome or at least mine is to me.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  10. aveyer

aveyer Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Follow the instructions in the Synaptics BSOD thread and make sure the Hotkey filter driver is disabled, it's the real cause of these BSODs.
    Even though you uninstalled CCC it might not have removed the driver.

I was experiencing a different type of BSOD and only finally managed to solve now nearly 8 months later, turns out it's the crappy Nvidia audio drivers. (Disabled all Nvidia audio related devices in device manager)

aIex likes this.