*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Or will just order it for you at least.

2. LoneWolfs

LoneWolfs Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I am also interested in a new LED bezel replacement since my current one has one hinge broken in a corner (the inside of the bezel near the hinge is broken and pulling down the lid makes the entire laptop back turn up, the plastic gets very bent and I can see inside the screen fixing between the bezel and the back), and the solution I received is to replace both the bezel and the back of the laptop (so the entire thing in which the screen itself is put).

3. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Sounds like there might also be a hinge disconnected from the chassis? It's need dismantling and investigating to find what parts you need.

4. Lum-X

Lum-X Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Only thing to consider really is the AX200 or AX1650 depending on your software vendor of choice.

6. Lum-X

Lum-X Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I just want the one that has the least problems. I keep having issues with Killer 1435

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Both the same chipset but if you want intel go the ax200.

8. SIartibartfast

SIartibartfast Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    A couple of my keys stopped working. Hinge is broken on one but the other can be pressed down and returns easily but sometimes doesn't respond. Will I need to replace the whole keyboard or is there a different fix? I'm not very confident in dismantling the whole laptop, but I saw in the manual that the keyboard should be able to be replaced without that.

Follow-up question. I looked around at replacement KBs and found one for reasonable price but it's a latin-american layout. Will it fit in my laptop that's north-american (I'm not worried about key-cap layout which, if I understand correctly can be replaced/swapped around)? Budget's tight so the $20 difference in favor of the LA keyboard helps.

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    The keyboard will fit but may have different printed key layouts and possibly different physical layout.

10. SIartibartfast

SIartibartfast Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you for your response. Do you think that it would be different even if I switch the keyboard/language settings in windows? I'm currently using the EN keyboard with different language settings and it works fine (e.g. Z and Y are swapped), but the Latin American one has an extra key next to left shift so I'm not sure.