**Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. CivicJDM

CivicJDM Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I have good news in that I finally managed to source a replacement LCD back. It's actually from one of the later P650H models but seems to be identical. In the end it cost £36 which wasn't too bad.

Unfortunately it's proving extremely difficult to correctly thread the cables through the clips on the LCD back. There are two cables each side for the LTE and WLAN receiver modules; and then there's another cable on the left side for the webcam. I cannot for the life of me seem to get all of the cables to sit comfortably, whilst getting the plastic bezel to clip in place over the top of everything. It sounds easy but it is damn frustrating!

I noticed in HTWingNut's LCD replacement video on YouTube for P650SE, he only has one LTE/WLAN module on either side whereas I have two. So that's partly the reason I am finding this is difficult, because there are three cables to thread down the left side instead of two. I wish I'd have taken a picture when the old LCD back was still on the laptop, then I'd be able to refer back to it and find out exactly how the cables were supposed to go! :(

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    He likely does not have a LTE module.

3. CivicJDM

CivicJDM Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yes... (That's why I put the slash because I wasn't sure which one would be on HT's laptop in the video!) Although come to think about it, the LTE module is a lot wider than the WLAN, so that would've been one way of telling.

On mine there are little white stickers attached to each module. The ones on the right side say LTE Main and WLAN Main whereas the others on the left read LTE AUX and WLAN AUX.

Hopefully I will be able to figure out tomorrow how to route the cables around the LCD so that they allow the bezel to clip securely into place. I didn't expect this to be so difficult. It's certainly a lot trickier than it seems! :eek:

4. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Not much room is left to give it as thin a profile as possible, just try and tuck it all in.

5. Albert Fong

Albert Fong Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

Any kind soul could provide the bios for Clevo P650SE to make the NVMe drive bootable? No luck in crawling on the Internet to find such bios (including Prema modified bios).

6. Dabeer

Dabeer Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    There is no such BIOS. Even Premas won't make it happen. Sorry to disappoint.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

7. Albert Fong

Albert Fong Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks - guess have to use the NVMe drive as a secondary storage then...

8. Albert Fong

Albert Fong Newbie

Reputations:
    @Prema - apologies for disturbing - I was scouring through the forum and it appears that you had done a mod for this model before http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...ith-gtx-970m-htwingnuts-review.765376/page-92 (post #913)

do you think you can PM your modified BIOS so that I can fiddle around with the settings and see whether I can get my laptop to boot from the NVMe drive? I was able to install the Windows 10 on the NVMe drive (and the drive can be detected on Windows 7 installed on my other SATA drive) but I just wasn't able to get it to boot (no such option at the stock BIOS). Appreciate any assistance that you can render on this.

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Have you considered raiding a pair of sata drives instead, you would be hard pressed to tell the difference and it will be cheaper and easier.

10. Albert Fong

Albert Fong Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi there- thanks for the suggestion. Will probably take this route till I get a new set of laptop!