*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    anywhere between dec 3rd and 9th according to reseller/system builder info atm, so very doubtful that its gonna make it in time for black friday specials...

the 17" will arrive around the same time that the 15" 980M version will, although not sure if the 17" 970M and the 980M versions will be available at the same time or one after the other like with the 15" version.

2. LoneSyndal

LoneSyndal Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So no info from NA retailers?

3. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Not yet on the 17" model.
    Believe me there are a lot of people interested in the 17" model and what it brings to the table, bigger screen obviously and potentially better cooling due to the larger chassis.

4. kingyr

kingyr Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey all,

My reseller is getting these 4K panels in: -

LTN156FL02-L01 Datasheet download - Panelook.com

Now I've been going through this thread and the Y50 thread, in regards to the Samsung 4K and its been a mixed bag of reviews - so can anyone confirm that these panels are rubbish or actually good?

5. Sebi97

Sebi97 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The Eurocom comes standard with a 1080 IPS panel. They are based in Canada and ship internationally. However, you are getting a slightly worse WiFi card and a smaller but faster HDD

6. Dabeer

Dabeer Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    "Pixel Configuration : RG(BW) PenTile "

This, so far as I understand it, is generally seen to be the most unpopular attribute of that panel - maybe even a fatal flaw.

7. Sandwhale

Sandwhale Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  8. Dabeer

Dabeer Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Sandwhale likes this.
  9. Sandwhale

Sandwhale Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What was the response time on this one again? Was is like in between 16 and 20ms? Is there even a faster IPS display out there that is compatible with this laptop and currently available? Would the 20ms delay on the monitor make it so that I wouldn't need to worry about having less than 20ms ping while gaming? My ping changes depending on where I sit in my house and if it doesn't matter if the ping is faster than 20ms because of the panel delay then that's nice I guess haha.

Also, this is probably a silly question, but I can't get a 3k matte panel and swap the stock 1080p TN for it right? the 3k and 1080p have different pins? Or would this actually be feasible?

10. Retron

Retron Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That and the potential 48Hz lock - of course, we won't know whether Clevo have managed to get around that somehow until someone gets one in their hands!