]]>

**Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. swaaye

swaaye Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Interestingly, in 3DMark Vantage with HWInfo recording sensors, the CPU reports power usage up to 56W. The Intel IGP used up to 14W for some reason even with the 980M in use. The CPU tests use Physx so maybe something is going on there...

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  2. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Default long and short turbo power limits for the CPU are 47W and 58.75W

swaaye likes this.
  3. swaaye

swaaye Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Anyone else care to run 3DMark Vantage on the Extreme preset 1920x1080 and see if CPU Test 2 causes the CPU to run right up to the 99C limit? Let it run through the other 3 tests until it gets to that one so the notebook has heated up a bit. Have HWInfo in the background with the sensors panel open.

The nice thing about 3DMark Vantage and older is you can get the paid version for for free now.
    https://www.futuremark.com/benchmarks/legacy

Hwinfo
    https://www.hwinfo.com/

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  4. Atvaark

Atvaark Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    if that's the same thing as my P650SE only with a gtx 980 instead, then i can assure you an nvme drive will work. i've had the 950 pro in mine using prema mod's bios since pretty much the holidays last year and had no issue with it. just make sure it's in the m2 slot that's closer to the battery, the other one close to the edge of the pc is not compatible with nvme.my first window install on it was just a cloning from a regular sata ssd, but i've since then made a fresh install from a usb drive onto it and everything worked fine. if you need proof, just look up pictures i've already posted in this thread, even if some people still don't believe it for some reason... the only worry i have is that you want to install a 960 evo, are they any different from the 950 pro? besides the added speed i mean.

5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The 960 EVO is an improved controller paired with the 3D stacked NAND compared to the 950 pro.

6. yrekabakery

Reputations:
    Hey guys. Just wondering whether this is normal for my P650SG.

The wires inside the right hinge are exposed:
    [​IMG]

While the ones inside the left hinge are covered by a black sleeving:
    [​IMG]

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    That's just the display cable you are seeing on one side that is sleeved, the thin black wire for the other antenna is hidden by its colour.

8. yrekabakery

Reputations:
    Ah, so you're saying it's normal for the other antenna to not be sleeved?

BTW I did wipe the dust off the lid today, so the laptop doesn't look as disgusting as it does in those pics anymore. :D

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Yes totally normal, nothing is loose or frayed.

yrekabakery likes this.
  10. opper

opper Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have narrowed down the problem I am having with the internal display not being detected:

When I boot up the laptop normally, without any external display attached. Everything works fine. Internal display is working.
    I can attach external display via mini displayport, change between having duplicate view, extended view, pc only, external only. All good.
    Windows 10 device manager is showing 2 monitors: Generic PNP monitor (=internal display) and Dell U2412M (external display)

I now shutdown the laptop with the external display still attached. Then I turn it back on. Now Windows comes up with only displaying on the external screen.
    Just after turning it on, the laptop display works. But during the early stages of windows booting, it shuts off the internal display and only displays screen on the external display.
    Switchting to "Duplicate" or "Extend view" doesn't work. PC Screen only doesn't work. Device manager only shows external monitor (Dell U2412M).
    Intel grahpic options also only sees the external monitor.
    Going to windows display settings and selecting "Detect displays" doesn't help either.

When I detach the external display, nothing happens. Internal display stays black.

Only re-attaching the external display or a cold restart without external display attached can now fix this.

Why the bleep is this happening?

I have all the latest drivers according to Driver Easy.

Should I install some kind of driver for the internal display to prevent it from dissappearing?