*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. ShadowedIce

ShadowedIce Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    While I am not sure if it is exactly the same as you, I had a similar issue a year ago. I was swapping drives with a different OS on it and swapped back and my system never seemed to post (LEDs were on but no Sager logo). I never tried waiting for a long period of time for it to come up so I can not say if waiting for 2+ minutes would have helped. I had to take my original drive and format it on a different PC other than my laptop. After I did that I installed it back into my laptop and it would post normally again.

2. shahmeer

shahmeer Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hmmm. The weird thing about my problem is that it came up a few weeks after I installed my SSD. Unfortunately I don't have the time to reinstall my OS on a different HDD so I'm hoping theres a more convenient fix.

3. Xdrqgol

Xdrqgol Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    have you checked that your RAM is ok? I had a similar problem and one of my RAM modules was not working properly.

Otherwise, you might need to make a new OS instal...which should not take more than 10 min.

4. Xdrqgol

Reputations:

So after some tests and research ,got a good deal with this Samsung 27'' C27FG70F . Runs perfectly at 144hz / 1920 x 1080 .

Thanks all for the help! :D

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Nice, enjoy your fluid frames :D

6. Xdrqgol

Reputations:

Thanks, indeed I am! :D

7. Politeatron

Politeatron Newbie

Reputations:
    Have been having issues with my 650SG's display, which I troubleshot to a bad cable. While waiting the month it's going to take to arrive I was using a couple of external displays (displayport and HDMI) to do my work/game. Ended up rigging up the existing display cable with tape that worked until two nights ago, when I stopped getting anything at all from the laptop's LCD which was not a major deal as I rarely travel with it currently.

However, when I started it up the following day back on an external display, I realized that none of my programs were using my dedicated GPU outside of two emulators (PCSX2 and Dolphin). In the games that display what was being used, my 980m was no longer listed. GPU utilization via the Nvidia monitoring tool stays at 0%. Nothing was updated between the two days.

These are the things I have tried so far:

• Setting the windows power profile to max.
    • Setting the adapter setting in the Nvidia control panel to use the dedicated GPU, as well as making sure each program was set to use it.
    • Setting the power management in the Nvidia control panel to max performance.
    • Fresh installs of both the current and original drivers of the Intel 4600 and Nvidia drivers, utilizing the driver cleanup tool each time.
    • Install the drivers for the Intel 4600 and 980M off Sager's site
    • Trying to utilize multiple external displays in extended mode to force the 980 to be used.
    • Disabling the the integrated graphics in the device manager.

Both graphic solutions display correctly in the device manager, and the 980M is listed as the GPU in the bios

This has never been an issue in the 2 years I have owned this laptop. It's worked just fine on external displays in the past. I've been scouring the internet for solutions and nothing has worked. Until I found that the emulators worked, I had figured I had shorted my GPU out by messing with the display cable. Thankfully can rule that out.

8. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    A clean windows update might do the trick, if it's working OK in some apps it's very unlikely to be a hardware issue.

9. shahmeer

shahmeer Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    My laptop's GPU fan is buzzing/rattling. I think the bearing is failing. Where can I get a replacement fan from, and how easy is it to replace the fan?

The sound is coming from the left side of the keyboard, from underneath the WASD keys, and seems to be intermittent.

10. shahmeer

shahmeer Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    How do I check if my RAM is working fine? Also, I don't think the problem could my OS install as the OS should have nothing to do with post process, right?