*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. exercutor5

exercutor5 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Erm, this laptop was introduced before G-Sync on notebooks was implemented, so technically they did not remove a feature, because the feature did not even exist.

2. Boothbot

Boothbot Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    But the 980M supports G Sync, and the makers of this laptop decided that the consumers didn't need to use this feature. Other laptops have G Sync? I'm confused how they couldn't implement a feature that was built in to the GPU? (unless it was added later and even then, why the hell wouldn't I want monitors to use my GPU instead of Intel HD?)

3. Carrot Top

Carrot Top Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    980M supports G-Sync, but Intel iGPU does not. This laptop uses Optimus. Display outputs (internal and external) are connected to the iGPU.

Then there are the issues of having a supported panel, and BIOS key containing the Mobile G-Sync license, and G-Sync resistor and device ID on the Nvidia GPU. You have quite some misunderstanding about how Mobile G-Sync works.

Other laptops support G-Sync, sure, but as previous poster said, they were released after G-Sync became a thing for laptops, while this model was released before it was a thing. The later generations of this laptop, P6xxRx-G and P6xxHx-G, are the ones that have G-Sync.

adampk17 likes this.
  4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Given the outputs any form of G-sync is impossible.

5. heibk201

heibk201 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    so my keyboard is having a bit of an issue after 2.5 years... mainly the WASD keys gets stuck after holding them down for a bit... does anyone know where to get a replacement keyboard? does any of the reseller here sell the part? thanks

6. exercutor5

exercutor5 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You can get some off from eBay, but usually much more costly. I got mine from Taobao for like SGD$20.

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Your reseller should be able to sort you out one.

8. mcgoktug

mcgoktug Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    After my research i learnt this. ours PCIe slot support only AHCI PCIe SSD. PCIe SSD 2 different type. AHCI and NVMe. That's why ours notebook not booting from NVMe drives.

For example we can use Samsung XP941 or SM951 AHCI version. SM951 Nvme not working.

9. Xdrqgol

Xdrqgol Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey guys, quick question here:

I have the model in my signature (P651SE) and was running with 16GB for a while until one of my Ram modules died... I have removed it and attempted to boot the laptop with 1 RAM module...but...every time I turn it ON, i have to do it 2-3 times until it boots....first time 100% will remain on black screen. Now, do I need to put the 1 module I have on a specific slot? Is this normal for the laptop to behave like this(meaning that it only runs in dual ram ?) .

Let me know if you can help.

Thanks.

10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Usually that means the ram setting is not quite stable, I would question the other stick too at this point.

One stick should boot just like two and using any slot.

Xdrqgol likes this.