*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. whoang

whoang Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you kingyr, much appreciated!

2. kingyr

kingyr Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sorry man! forgot to mention - there is a bracket that holds down the card and the screw that holds the bracket, easy enough to figure out the bracket.

and no worries!

3. ITAdviser

ITAdviser Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The best driver software for your device is already installed.

Also I tried to rollback to image in which Fingerprint driver installed and reader works properly. In this case I can see EGIS Fingerprint reader until reboot in Device Manager, but it marked as unplugged.

4. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Are you sure you cannot? What version of Windows 10? Home or Pro? Installing Anniversary cancer update is an ill advised move on any computer. However, you might be able to have things your way if you use a bigger hammer. Destroy Windows Spying might let you take back ownership of your property that Redmond Mafia is trying to take away from you.

5. anmatheextreme

anmatheextreme Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have the Pro version but afaik the only thing you can stop Microsoft from doing is automatically installing/upgrading your drivers (which btw is a terrible feauture that should have been disabled by default), at least without 3rd party software. I have installed ShutUp10 which does help a lot with gaining some of your privacy back and allows you to disable auto updates but then it is a choice of whether you want live with a "possible" security leak that Microsoft "may" have patched. If the Anniversary Update hadn't fixed some key problems that frustrated me with the original version, it would be out of my pc within a couple of days.

6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    If you haven't already investigated it, might not hurt to give DWS (Destroy Windows Spying) a go. The issues people are having with the Anniversary Update are very widespread.

7. sneakablez

sneakablez Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Is the colored keyboard from the new NP8153 compatible with NP8651? Considering they they seem to all use same chassis for most P650**......

I kinda thinking I want a new color keyboard instead of the boring white backlit on this NB. No plans yet to upgrade though the new one is really tempting.

TomJGX likes this.
  8. TomJGX

TomJGX I HATE BGA!

Reputations:
    I wouldn't think so but you never know.. Reach out to Sager or your reseller and ask them

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

9. omegafranco

omegafranco Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anyone had or heard of issues with USB 3 on this notebook? I have mine for 2 years now, but recently i bought an HDD dock station that keeps disconnecting from the notebook whenever i transfer files. I think the issue is with my notebook because i already got this dock swapped and tested (connected to USB 3 port) at the shop.

An option i think i missed was updating my bios (could it actually help anyway?). I got my drivers up to date with Driver Easy.

10. anmatheextreme

anmatheextreme Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I had the same problem with a USB3 external HDD case and turned out to be a bad USB3 cable. I have also seen many other cases with external DVD drives and docks where I solved a problem just by swapping cables. Also worth noting is that most USB3 cables used for high powered applications have 2 USB male connections, one of which is meant to provide extra power from the second USB port. Without it, the HDD starves from power and just reboots messing up the file transfer. As far as I know, no drivers of any sort are needed for USB3 and no issues with it were reported even if using the older BIOS.