*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. anmatheextreme

anmatheextreme Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    In the Intel HD Graphics drivers there is an option called Display Power Saving Technology under Power/On Battery. Try Disabling it as it adjusts contrast dynamically to save power. I don't think it is enabled when the PC is plugged in but it is worth a try. FWIW I don't have any issue with my 4K monitor but it is the Sharp model.

comicgeek likes this.
  2. xink64

xink64 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    All I did was turn up the pre-amplification settings. I have it at a gain of 12.40 dB, which is plenty enough for me :)

3. sett3

sett3 Newbie

Reputations:
    is there a possibility to turn off keyboard backlight by default? so when laptop boots up, it will be turned off, and if i need, i would turn it on myself. maybe there's something in BIOS? i'm using premamod.

4. Support.1@XOTIC PC

Support.1@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Not sure on Prema mod, but yes, you would want to check in the BIOS.

5. anmatheextreme

anmatheextreme Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you have Control Center installed, it remembers your last backlight setting and turns off backlight after boot. But as far as I know, the laptop will always have keyboard backlight on during boot up until CC is loaded up.

comicgeek likes this.
  6. kaded

kaded Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hey people!
    So I was thinking about installing OS X on my P650SE and wanted to know your opinions on this. Has anyone tried it, what were the results etc.. Thanks in advance! :)

7. closer2

closer2 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone. So the countdown for the free windows 10 upgrade is coming up for me, Does anyone have any stories or resources for this upgrade? I'm on the np8651. Thanks

8. Support.1@XOTIC PC

Support.1@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    For the most part, the upgrade to 10 is pretty smooth at this point. There were some more issues with drivers when 10 first came out, but you should be good now. Also, if you don't like it you can rollback to your previous version within 30 days. Just don't delete the "old windows" folder in your computer.

9. Atvaark

Atvaark Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i feel i should give an update:
    the samsung 950 pro does in fact work perfectly on this laptop. it's limited in speed due to generation of the pcie but it works, and boots without a hitch.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. kaded

kaded Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    BTW another question: I installed an SSD couple months ago and installed the OS on it. I also have another 750GB HDD installed and set it to turn off if not used for 1 minute under the power settings. The problem is the HDD starts spinning randomly even if I don't use anything on that drive and that's really annoying if you're in a quiet room. I left the task maganer open and checked as soon as the drive started spinning but nothing was processed in the D: drive. Can someone help with this situation? :)

And last question: should i disable this pagefile and hibernation? Did a little bir research but couldn't really decide if I should. So I'm open to your opinions :)