*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. jeanjackstyle

jeanjackstyle Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Best temps should be ~80 for xtu benchmark, but again, it depends on ambient temperature.

99 and throttling sounds like your vents are dusty... Open your laptop, dust it and while you're at it give it a 'paste!

It really is not that different from repasting a desktop, only that you are operating on die directly

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    At least it's nice an easy to get to, not like some other brands where you have to take apart the whole thing ;)

3. heibk201

heibk201 Notebook Deity

Reputations:

in the end I just sent it back to sager, who did waive the repair cost but charged for shipping (which is only about 80 dollars back and forth ;)). it turns out the gpu crapped out on me after a year and this is what happens with on board dGPU....

TomJGX likes this.
  4. Oxford_Guy

Oxford_Guy Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Okay, I have a compressed air spray duster, will try cleaning the vents with that. As for reposting, what's the best method to use with Gelid Extreme for the CPU and GPU e.g. should I just squeeze out a thin line down the middle of the dies and then press the heatsink down to squish it across the dies or is there a better method?

5. Support.1@XOTIC PC

Support.1@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Depends on who you ask for the thermal compound application method. Usually they will all give you about the same temps for the most part, within a degree or two from what I've seen. But a thin line or a thin X should do it typically.

6. TomJGX

TomJGX I HATE BGA!

Reputations:
    I use the cross method and works quite well IMO... @OXFORD Guy, GC Extreme is really easy to apply... Much less painful then IC Diamond!

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    With diamond being a bit thicker I usually am able to get the perfect application each time with it, for the GPU (up to the core size of a GM204 in the 980M) I use a single blob with tiny (and I do mean tiny) bits also placed on the very corners.

With my GM200 based titan you really have to use the cross method due to the size of the core.

8. Oxford_Guy

Oxford_Guy Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    How thin a line are we talking about? Also, how easy is it to take the heatsinks off and replace them?

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    I suggest practicing, you get a feeling for how much to use. As little paste as you can get away with.

10. myx

myx Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    For my p751 and former p650 I applied paste on the chip and then spread with a plastic card. Seems to work best for me. Usually a layer of about 1mm is applied (eye measurement) for the entire surface of the chip.

I used this method with Arctic mx2 and some shin etsu paste I had in the bag (leftover from previous 2960xm cpu).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk