*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It's just the plate that's larger, it should perform about the same. There are two capacitors in the way.

bAsTiii likes this.
  2. bAsTiii

bAsTiii Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Roger - so it doesn't make sense to switch to the "newer" one from the Skylake device. Temps actually are OK now i think, repasted yesterday with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut which is a new thermal compound made in germany which should be equal to GC Gelid Extreme or IC Diamond. First i applied prolimatech pk-1 which was better then the stock paste/pad but not so good which i wished :)

Now i'm curious if i should flash a newer bios to the machine because i'm actually at 1.03.05 and my reseller mySN is listing 1.05.01 at the homepage :D Maybe a new EC/BIOS could fix a problem which i have with my speakers.. mostly everytime i start a sound e.g. windows sound or starting a mp3 in iTunes you hear a light sough from the speakers before the sound is played.. while the sound is played everything seems to me to be OK.

best regards
    bAsTiii

3. Studie

Studie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If i have another brand P651SG can i still flash my bios with the mySN one?

4. Studie

Reputations:
    If i have another brand P651SG can i still flash my bios with the mySN one?

5. jeanjackstyle

jeanjackstyle Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes, the mysn one is basically the clevo bios with mysn logo at boot.

6. Studie

Reputations:
    Anyway I could back-up the current BIOS right now so I can flash it back in-case I have any warranty issues with this laptop?

7. bAsTiii

Reputations:
    You can Switch to your Original BIOS - should be no Problem. On premas Homepage he has the original clevo bios to Download i think :)

8. Studie

Reputations:
    I have a re-branded BIOS also for Asia market. I want to back that up so I can update to the new BIOS then if anything happens I can put it back to the original since my Lappy is still under warranty.

9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The speaker issue sounds like the sound chip being turned on after being in power saving mode.

bAsTiii likes this.
  10. bAsTiii

Reputations:
    @Studie: ok - Then it is wise to Backup the default bios
    @Meaker: Actually the Hotkey Settings are "Multimedia" i guess in english - Windows: balanced. I will Look Up later if Windows is allowed to set the Realtek Device into sleep. This issue i had also at my p170hm in the past and was Never solved - thx mate for the advise :)

Edit:

I did not find any settings actually which could set the device into sleep - maybe it is a hardware failure.. maybe it is software related.. I must state that i had a MSI GT72S for a few days before i switched to the p651SG - i switched because of many problems with the MSI Device just from the beginning.. the device had also a sound issue which was that the subwoofer made a sound everytime a sound was played - it sounds like the device was turned off with a blob :D

Actually i'm loving my used p651sg, everything works fine and it is damn fast in gaming etc. - maybe i will switch at the of the year to a newer one with nVidia PASCAL, time will tell..

Edit 2:

Found a Energy Setting in the Realtek Softwares, seems That this Could caused the Problems

Edit 3:
    => Problem solved :D

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    Meaker@Sager likes this.