*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. karasahin

karasahin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    True, I didn't hear such thing about the Note 3, I think Samsung spared no expense in this case :)

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Well it was a more expensive device, an obvious upgrade from the Note 2 but i'm not impressed by anything since.

Anyway, yes once USB3 is selected it should go into USB3 mode and run at full speed.

3. karasahin

karasahin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think the Note 3 is a great all rounder. You have great runtimes thanks to 3200 mAH size replaceable battery, great performance, expandable storage, great FHD display, great camera, S-Pen and USB 3.0 port. Doesn't get very hot either. It would be a great shame if this marvelous device doesn't get Marshmallow update because it is more than capable.

4. -Jinx-

-Jinx- Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ok...so had my p650se for about a year now and yesterday i just noticed the metal cover of the screen has separated from the plastic mounting bracket (the plastic moulded frame that is glued on to the metal cover...the one that contains the screw threads) near the left side hinge.

It looks like it's likely to break at any moment if I'm nit carefull and as I'm at sea right now for 2 more months there's absolutely no way that I can get this into warranty.

I'm really bummed out.... I was afraid this would happen the moment that i saw how "flexible" the screen was.

Anyone have any idea if this is covered by warranty?

Anyone have this problem as well?

Also experiencing some thermal throttling on the cpu during xtu stress test so i guess i should repaste.

Anyone know of fake gelid thermal pastes?...it seems weird that after less than one year my temps went up nearly 15 degrees .

Maybe i repasted it wrong, but for the first few days after repasting my temps where lower by 3 degrees compared with stock paste so it seems weird ...hence the curiosity if my gelid extreme might be fake.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  5. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Just a quick note on the CPU temperatures, you talk about repasting, but have you cleaned out the dust from the fan & heatsink fins? Can use a can of compressed air to blow out the dust.

6. -Jinx-

Reputations:
    I opened up the laptop and cleaned out everything....there wasn't much ti clean anyway....that's definetly not the reason.

I believe either the paste was not good and it dried out since i applied it almost 1 year ago....or I applied too litlle of it....but how would that account for the fact that initially my temps went down alot right after repasting.

7. Robbo99999

Reputations:
    I had something similar with my laptop on my CPU. I use Arctic Silver 5 (not the best) and after about 6 months to a year I noticed CPU temperatures creeping up as well as temperature differences between cores increasing too - in my case I managed to solve this problem by just applying an ultra thin layer of paste (thinner than I'd ever used before, using the spread method); since the last time I re-pasted over a year ago the temperatures seem the same (good & low) with no large temperature differences between the cores. I think Intel CPUs and their mounting systems in mobile applications are finicky, unpredictable things & how you paste it up plays a part in the longevity of that application of thermal paste.

8. -Jinx-

Reputations:
    I don't spread.. I use the rice grain method... I will do it again when I get home because as I said I'm at sea right now and I didn't think to bring my repasting stuff with me.

In the meanwhile I just underclocked to 3.0 Ghz and undervolt by 100mV and it seems temps are ok without having negative effects on mu gaming.

9. Robbo99999

Reputations:
    3Ghz is plenty really, I only have 2.6Ghz and don't notice any bottlenecks, and that's on the old Sandybridge architecture, I think IPC improvements (performance clock for clock) has increased by about 25-30% since then! At 3Ghz you won't be limited at 60hz (60fps) gaming, but if you were aiming for 120hz (120fps) then you'd probably want as strong a CPU as you could find.

10. bAsTiii

bAsTiii Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey,

looked up all 882 pages ;)

I've bought a used P651SG before new years eve - actually i'm searching for a Information: Is the heatsink of the P650Rx Models compatible to the P65xSx? Looked up the reviews of both notebooks and noticed on the pictures that the Skylake heatsink looks a bit different / larger. The only reason why it seems it doesn't fit to the Haswell CPU is that the fan connector could be in the wrong place.

best regards
    bAsTiii

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016