*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Studie

Studie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks for the heads-up.
    I guess I won't need to replace the ones on my keyboard because I don't have any more ram I will be adding to this system. I think 16GB is good enough no?

2. kaded

kaded Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hey guys, just wanted to ask a quick question. So I want to install an SSD into my P650SE. But I already have a mechanical drive and I know that an extra SSD won't fit with it. Because of that, I want to do it like how HTWingnut did, open the chasis of the SSD and only install the card. But I don't want to void my warranty so I need an SSD with the screws NOT covered by the posterior sticker so I can take out the screws without damaging the sticker. Can you guys, if you know, tell me some SSDs which meet my criteria? (intel ssds are not available in my country :/)

3. metaldemon95

metaldemon95 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Why not just get an m.2 SSD, then you don't have to go through all this trouble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. kaded

kaded Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I am aware of that, but I'm not a fan of m.2 ssds since I want to be able to use it later on my desktop and my mobo doesn't have m.2 support. Plus the price difference :)

5. metaldemon95

metaldemon95 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Ah I see, I never really noticed much difference in the price, but I do know that they do make m.2 to SATA adapter boards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Lum-X

Lum-X Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    No i did not see your earlier post. Can you please refer me to that post via a link. The button suddenly stopped working while i was pretty much doing nothing but reading at the library. Yes, I am using Mouse 2 button but still i would like to have it working again.

The rest is great, just a fantastic laptop, no complains for anything else besides CPU temp. I am used to heaving a cooler FX 8350 at 4.7Ghz, so i guess i am just too spoiled for the CPU temp i get in this laptop.

BTW the community here is cool. Thumbs up :D

TomJGX likes this.
  7. octiceps

octiceps Nimrod

Reputations:
    Yeah but thermal limit on AMD CPUs is like 60C, so not absolutely comparable to Intel.

8. Lum-X

Lum-X Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes i know but still they are at about 40 and its just a number . I need to fix that mouse button 1 first then complain for cpu temps that are 70 highs

9. TomJGX

TomJGX I HATE BGA!

Reputations:
    What its so low? Wtf?

10. octiceps

octiceps Nimrod

Reputations:
    Intel runs hotter by design, thermal limit is ~100C so 70C under load is perfectly fine. Nothing to be concerned about. What AMD runs at load, Intel idles at.