*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Whatever the card is I would suggest getting the latest drivers for it.

jeanjackstyle likes this.
  2. opper

opper Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Intel AC-7265, the dual band thing.

3. opper

Reputations:
    The drivers that came with the laptop on the usb stick were from end of august and newer than what's on the XMG/mysn website.
    Just downloaded the latest and greatest from Realtek/Intel. At the speedtest I am now getting the full 60Mbps, so that's one thing that looks better already.

4. opper

Reputations:
    Looks like I am ahead of Intel with my drivers. Screenshot from Intel Driver Update tool:
    [​IMG]

5. Ryzir

Ryzir Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I got a AmazonBasics Ventilated Adjustable Laptop Stand and it works really well for the NP8651. The feet of the laptop sit right on the edges and the tabs at the bottom are shorter than the laptop so they don't stick up. The crossbar covers the fans just a tiny bit. I haven't done any heat tests but I'm sure it's much better ventilated than when it's sitting on a desk.

It seems really well constructed and sturdy. I was a bit worried the laptop wouldn't fit very well but I couldn't ask for it to be any better.

6. Dabeer

Dabeer Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hey, all, long time no see... anyone have any problems with the touchpad becoming permanently disabled and the keyboard frequently missing/dropping keystrokes? I've had problems with the space bar not being recognized for a while, but it was a mild annoyance, but a few days ago the touchpad got stuck off, and now the keyboard seems to miss or drop about 1 in 20 keystrokes, not just the space bar.

By "stuck off" I mean that even when I press Fn-F1, and the hotkey tool pops up the "Touch Pad On" and "Touch Pad Off" messages, the touchpad is not responsive to input, neither finger drags nor taps.

The keyboard behavior is irregular, but unless I type with a very heavy hand rather slowly, the keys I press don't result in characters on the screen. I spend more time correcting than I do typing.

For example, here's an uncorrected block of typing at my regular speed with regular pressure:

My cat did walk across my keyboard around the time this started, but I'm not aware of any key combination that would result in this behavior.

My first - only, I guess - debugging step was to reinstall all drivers, but that didn't solve anything.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  7. Darkinstar

Darkinstar Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hey guys I am having an issue.

I want to disable my 980M while I am at school so that I can extend my battery life, I am using the Prema Mod BIOS and vBIOS however am experiencing an issue.

When I do disable the 980m in the BIOS and boot into windows its all good, however once I put the laptop to sleep and turn it back on, the keyboard doesnt work so I am unable to enter the password and enter into the OS.

Do you guys know why this could be happening and what the solution to this is as I would like to extend my battery life as much as I can.

8. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    In addition to disabling the GPU also enable ASPM and set it to L1 (not sure if L0 works, only few boards support it. If it doesn't you may have to take one RAM out for one boot in order to reset the BIOS).

9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    In the nvidia control panel set it to always use the igp and the dgpu should remain asleep. In that state the impact on battery life should be negligible.

opper likes this.
  10. jeanjackstyle

jeanjackstyle Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So I have my left click touchpad button not working, showing up always clicked in synaptic driver icon (same issue that Lonewolfs sometime ago).

According to him it is caused by dirt in the touchpad button mechanism, so it has to be cleaned. As I cannot part from my laptop right now, is there any teardown guide for this model that goes as deep as the touchpad? Any time I did disassemble my laptop was for repasting, so I am thinking how to do so.