*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Lum-X

Lum-X Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Has anyone overclocked AUO B156HAN01.2 or has anyone tried to reduce the ghosting somehow ??

2. octiceps

octiceps Nimrod

Reputations:
    You can't due to Optimus. The Intel gfx driver won't let you. But apparently Intel finally got the wake-up call and is working to remedy that.

3. bfishman

bfishman Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Howdy folks,

Up front - I recognize this post may be skirting the rules slightly - if the mods want me to remove this post, I will do so voluntarily. Just trying to help out the NBR community with a good deal... here we go:

A couple of months ago I purchased a Samsung LTN156HL01-102 (the matte version), to replace the LG panel that came with my P650SG. This was generally regarded as the 'best replacement display' for the P650SG (unless you were doing photo editing, in which case there was another display that had better color coverage). Notably it had the fastest display latency, which is why I bought it.

Long story short I ended up returning my P650SG :/ (I'll be a Batman 2.0 owner quite soon though... :)), so I have the panel just sitting around and am now looking to sell it off (completely new, unused, removed from OEM packaging for a quick visual inspection then put right back in it and stored in a safe place). I can't post this to the NBR marketplace due to post count (<100), but have been a member of these forums for quite some time (and a lurker for even longer). I'm about to post the panel to eBay but figured I would give the good folks at NBR the chance to take it off my hands for less than I'll sell to the general public. (Bought it for $136, going on ebay for $126 + shipping (from Colorado), will sell it to an NBR member for $106 OBO + shipping, because I love you guys and want to recoup my losses :))

PLEASE BE ADVISED: If you're thinking about putting this into a P650, you must must must double check you have an eDP interface (this panel is 30-pin eDP). I'd originally thought all P650s used eDP but it turns out that some of them ship with LVDS, depending on the panel stock available to Clevo the week of manufacture. I was unlucky and had received an LVDS-compatible mobo, and thus couldn't install the panel (moot point, I returned the laptop anyway).

Again, if this is a huge TOS violation, I'll remove the post. Honestly just trying to hook up the NBR community. PM me if you're interested.

4. joakimbo

joakimbo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've heard so much great things about the Prema bios, but I dont know what I gain on flashing? I'm not going to overclock or anything, but will I benefit from it anyways? Better temp regulation / fan speed or something? I use my computer mostly for gaming. Thanks

5. ldkv

ldkv Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm not from the US so I cannot buy it. Just a question, how can you check if your laptop uses eDP or LVDS ? Do you have to open the screen to see it ?

6. bfishman

bfishman Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    eDP and LVDS can actually share the same cable, so visually it may be hard to tell the difference. I'm by no means an expert on this so perhaps someone else can help answer your question. But the one way for sure to tell would be to open your laptop and determine the exact model number of your panel (there's almost always a sticker or etching on the panel itself listing the part number), then look up the spec sheet for that exact model on panelook.com

Again, there may be a way to ID the connector visually, but I'm not too smart on that. Also beware of simply looking at the advertised specifications to find the panel's model (or similarly looking at a review laptop) - as I discovered, the exact same laptop SKU was sold with two entirely different interfaces.

7. comicgeek

comicgeek Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    From what I saw in HTwingnut's video, you will only know if you open your laptop and take a look at the connector on the mobo.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

8. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    You can find out your screen model and look what connection it uses.

9. opper

opper Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi all,

I have a P651SE (XMG P505) since about 1 week now. I have installed Windows 10 Pro on it. Problem I have is that the internet connection is very unstable and slow. At first I thought it was AVG, so I switched to Webroot Secure Anywhere. Same problem. Even with webroot disabled and malware bytes disabled, still have the problem. The connection just disappears, the network connections are dissappearing from the list only to return shortly after. Today I installed the realtek LAN drivers and Intel WLAN drivers that came with the laptop, but the problem remains.
    While doing a speedtest, I only get about 50% of my internet connection speed (30Mbit from 60Mbit). Upload speed is very unstable.
    On other devide internet works fine. Is this some kind of windows 10 issue? Anybody recognizes this? Since it's affecting both the Intel WLAN and realtek ethernet, it doesn't look like a hardware problem at first?

Thanks,

Opper

10. jeanjackstyle

jeanjackstyle Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What wifi card do you have on your laptop?