*** Official Clevo P65xSA/SE/SG / Sager NP8650/51/52 Owner´s Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jaybee83, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Support.1@XOTIC PC

Support.1@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    That cpu change wasn't something that was expected. It wasn't up on anybody's site as an option to choose. They communicated with us that there were a few orders that were getting that change for free. PM or email me your order number, and I can get MGS V out to you. It is a digital code that is emailed out, and not something that is included in the box or pre-installed.

2. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    I'll look into making the Final P6 Mods compatible with Broadwell chips and NVMe...

Lum-X likes this.
  3. Ryzir

Ryzir Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I talked to Pat in web chat and he put in a request for me. I'll PM you if I don't hear anything int he next couple of days, thanks.

edit: got the code already :)

That would be sweet. No hurry though, like I said I'm not planning on doing it anytime soon. It's more of a future thing when the laptop starts to feel sluggish with all the new games that I'll want to tweak it to get as much as I can out of it.

4. Cakefish

Cakefish ¯\_(?)_/¯

Reputations:
    I'm really starting to miss my P651SG. The cheapo Acer netbook I'm using now just can't compare. I'm been waiting for days for Scan to call me to take payment and send the laptop my way. I'm calling them tomorrow. I needs my precious back!

5. byunjoe

byunjoe Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi, I have been enjoying this laptop for a long while now but I have a question regarding storage. I recently ordered the 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M2 SSD. I also have a SATA model of this SSD already in my system. Will I see any benefits if I move my Windows installation to the M2 SSD over the SATA one?

6. opper

opper Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I think only if the new one is pci-express, not sure if 850 evo exists in pci/e edition.

7. byunjoe

byunjoe Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    No the 850 EVO does not support PCI-E. I guess I'm just using the drive as more storage then!

8. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    The codes are emailed out after the computer is received. We no longer get flyers or anything to include in the box. If you PM me your order number I can get you the code.

9. Support.1@XOTIC PC

Support.1@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yeah, that was me you chatted with. I was wondering if that might have been you in chat. Let me know if I can do anything else for you.

10. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The drives should be very similar, I think the 500gb m.2 has a slight edge depending on the situation due to the NAND in use but it's very close.